About the Role
Labiva is seeking an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to join our growing team in our new office space in Boston, conveniently located across from the TD Garden and North Station. The ideal candidate is someone who inspires and implements great experiences for our employees every day by ensuring high-quality office services programs, operations, and support. For success in this role, the individual is outgoing, self-motivated, patient and passionate about supporting a growing and successful team. This is an in-person, in-office role. This individual is expected to be in the office a minimum of 4 days per week and sometimes 5 when necessary.
How you will contribute
- Manage the overall aesthetics and cleanliness of new office space, ensuring it is well maintained to project a clean, organized, clutter-free appearance and professional environment for 40+ employees.
- Solely responsible for managing office functions: provisioning office and kitchen supplies, overseeing the office budget and inventory, identifying cost savings and efficiencies, managing vendors and suppliers, and interfacing with building and maintenance management.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, snacks, drinks, keeping break rooms clean, running and emptying the dishwasher, and maintaining any office equipment.
- Maintain friendly demeanor and communication with all employees, vendors, suppliers and external visitors.
- Manage and coordinate all office moves, renovations, furnishings, and seating assignments.
- Maintain office seating chart and help with space planning.
- Responsible for building/office safety and security programs as well as handling any shipping and receiving of deliveries to the office.
- Complete various administrative tasks as deemed necessary in support of the local leadership team.
- Assist with ordering marketing materials for trade shows and events.
- Responsible for ordering business cards as needed.
- Organize internal and external company functions: monthly company meetings, logistics, budget and catering, including Thursday lunch in the office.
- Assist Sr. Director of People with scheduling interviews with candidates, new hire onboarding, and other people related reports and projects.
What you Bring to the Team
- Ideal candidate will have at least 1+ years of related experience in a fast-paced and time sensitive corporate setting, start-up experience is ideal.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be highly dependable, possess strong planning and organizational skills and have keen attention to detail.
- Exercises independent judgment in the completion of tasks and works with little supervision in prioritizing responsibilities.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Approachable personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits skills and professional demeanor when interacting with executives, employees, and external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs on a Mac (Outlook Calendar, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules.
We are a venture-funded start-up that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drive our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At , we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved.
We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to a hybrid – office/remote work option, health benefits, flexible time off, parental leave, competitive salary and equity, and Thursday company lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At , we . Help us build an inclusive community that will transform the life sciences industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.