About the Role
We’re looking for a Vice President of Engineering with experience managing agile development teams. You will play a critical role in shaping the technical strategy, driving innovation, and ensuring successful delivery of our products. The VP of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements and deliver a consistent experience for users. You will be managing a team of talented engineers and developers and collaborating closely with the Product team and other cross-functional teams. You will be guiding the company’s product vision, strategic business objectives and maintaining compliance with quality standards. If you are passionate about the challenge of helping engineers grow, creating a great engineering culture, and building an exceptional engineering team and innovative products, then we would love to hear from you.
How You Will Contribute
- Recruit top engineering talent, lead, inspire and mentor a growing talented engineering team, promoting innovation and fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Design, implement, and track key productivity metrics and continually work towards improving team efficiency and engineering capacity
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Sales, Customer Success and other stakeholders to understand needs, define requirements, and deliver robust solutions
- Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Hands-on involvement in the architecture and design of our technology solutions
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality software within schedule constraints and in compliance with engineering practices
- Establish new strategies and policies to promote and ensure quality standards are met to achieve engineering excellence
- Plan and manage the engineering budget efficiently, seeking the best ROI
- Identify and mitigate risks, troubleshoot issues, and find ways to increase efficiencies and effectiveness
- Keep abreast of the latest technology trends and apply this knowledge to drive innovation
What You Bring to the Team
- Experienced leadership of a technical organization driving the hiring, coaching and direct management of a diverse engineering function.
- Experience servicing major enterprise clients, B2B commerce and complex workflow implementation and support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills driving and inspiring a team to succeed as a unit
- Process engineering, continuous improvement and enterprise organizational planning experience
Experience With One of More of the Following
- B.S. and an advanced degree in a technical field required (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- 7-10 years of experience in engineering leadership with 4+ leading an engineering team along with 4+ years of operational engineering experience
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Able to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Experience and expertise with technologies ranging from Typescript + Node.js, React + Next.js, PostgreSQL (and ), Kafka, and other technologies to support marketplace and eCommerce.
- Experience working within toolsets and other supportive technologies such as Jira, Confluence, and Gitlab.
- Experience SAP, Oracle, or other ERP systems
- Experience with CXML, Ariba, Coupa, Jaggaer or other eProcurement technologies
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules.
We are a venture-funded start-up that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drive our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At , we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved.
We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to a hybrid – office/remote work option, health benefits, flexible time off, parental leave, competitive salary and equity, and Thursday company lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At , we . Help us build an inclusive community that will transform the life sciences industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.