About the Role
As the manager of the Inventory Team, you will advance Labviva’s Inventory Management platform. You will recruit, manage and drive the technological team responsible for this portion of our product’s offering while managing the technological direction and vision for the team. This platform provides essential operational and process support for customers in the laboratory, biotech, and pharmaceutical spaces. The Labviva marketplace platform allows scientists to search millions of data rich records when ordering equipment, chemicals, and lab consumables while providing suppliers with rich analytics about marketplace behavior. The Inventory Management solution from Labviva provides the ability to track materials throughout an organization, manage the receipt of materials purchased from the marketplace and other sources, tagging and tracking of materials, and replenishment through the marketplace and other sources. The platform also enables compliance and EH&S workflows along with various inventory optimization methodologies from Kanban, Min/Max, JIT, and other methods. This role is based out of our Boston HQ (hybrid in-office/WFH).
You are a fit for the role if you enjoy working on end-to-end solutions in a collaborative environment. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce platforms, analytics and reporting platforms, enterprise web applications and are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You are thoughtful in your approach to design and engineer solutions that meet business demands while optimizing for system health, security, and long-term maintenance.
How You Will Contribute
- Manage the team supporting Labviva’s IMS aiding its evolution, strategy, and advancement.
- Balance adding new functionality with reliability, maintenance, performance and security objectives under an agile framework.
- Experience with Inventory Management solutions, materials management for research environments, chemical compliance / EH&S.
- Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products. Advocate for new technologies, methods, best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and work experience.
- Lead the team through integrations with third party APIs.
- Aid in planning the future for our technologies, providing meaningful inputs, and supporting advancement of our platform.
- Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
- Mentor, support, and learn from other members of the team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect.
What You Bring to the Team
- The desire to put engineering skills, management techniques and analytical knowledge to work for our customers, creating great solutions that enhance the daily lives of scientists, lab operational staff, and procurement specialists.
- Experience with IMS / Inventory Management systems, compliance and EH&S.
- Experience with enterprise-level reporting requirements, corporate financial reporting standards and web analytics requirements
- Operational fullstack development experience and expertise with technologies ranging from TypeScript, NestJS, NextJS, React, XState, Tailwind CSS, Jest, OAuth 2, visx or visualization library, SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Limited experience with PHP to support legacy applications that will be depreciated.
- Experience working within an Agile toolsets and other supportive technologies such as Jira, Confluence, and Gitlab.
- Drive to own the product and create the best user experience possible.
Experience With One or More of the Following
- Experience designing or working in a Service Oriented Architecture environment.
- Experience rapidly prototyping, and then systematizing, hardening, and maturing products based on those prototypes.
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules.
We are a venture-funded start-up that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drive our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At Labviva, we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved.
We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to a hybrid – office/remote work option, health benefits, flexible time off, parental leave, competitive salary and equity, and Thursday company lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Labviva, we celebrate all. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform the life sciences industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.