Senior Data Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full-time, Hybrid Boston Office
About the Role
As a Senior Data Engineer at Labviva, you will be charting the blueprint of data infrastructure for a leading marketplace in life science. You will be the first hire in the data engineering function and will join our growing team of analytics and data professionals, reporting to the VP Analytics and Data Science. You would be a great fit for the role if you are a data engineering expert knowledgeable of data architecture in Big Data. You have worked in a scaled e-commerce platform, preferably having experienced its growth stages. You are a self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced p environment. Success in this position will mature Labviva's approach to data to meet standards that are high quality (accurate, complete, consistent), comprehensive to meaningful business activity, easy to use properly and difficult to use incorrectly to drive the business forward.
How You Will Contribute
- Work with internal/external resources to design and build a centralized business intelligence environment
- Develop and implement data pipelines to ETL/ELT data from multiple sources into a data warehouse or data lake and monitor for data accuracy
- Maintain data infrastructure in production and development environments
- Provide data engineering support throughout product/solution lifecycle from research, development, testing to production
- Improve operational efficiency by automating and streamlining data processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement data governance procedures to ensure data security, privacy and compliance
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with database design, data modeling, data pipelines, data warehousing/data lake
- Retail/ecommerce data management expertise; e-Marketplace, supply chain management and/or data platform experience is a plus
- Data governance and compliance experience in regulated industries are preferred
- Public cloud experience; AWS preferred
- Event driven architecture and microservices
- Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL; proven ability to debug and optimize queries & procedures
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB
- Python, Java
- Exposure to scaled enterprises andp mentality
- Strong intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules.
We are a venture-funded start-up that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drive our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At Labviva, we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved.
We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to a hybrid – office/remote work option, health benefits, flexible time off, parental leave, competitive salary and equity, and Thursday company lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Labviva, we celebrate all. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform the life sciences industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.