About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, experienced, and data-driven Product Manager to join our team at Labviva as our first product team hire. Reporting to the Vice President, Product, you will be responsible for the development and execution of our life sciences ecommerce procurement solution. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, sales, and customer success to ensure the successful launch and growth of our platform.
You will do this by turning customer needs into product priorities and roadmaps with user stories. Working closely with other departments, you’ll be responsible for effectively communicating product details and coordinating launches that help customers maximize their investments with us. Once shipped, you’ll track success metrics, report results, and propose necessary updates. This role requires someone who can build consensus within critical timelines and motivate stakeholders toward developing best-in-class products.
This role is based out of our Boston headquarters (hybrid in-office/WFH).
How You Will Contribute:
● Bring your experience in e-commerce product management to take Labviva’s platform to the next level.
● Develop and manage the product roadmap for our life sciences ecommerce procurement platform, prioritizing features based on customer needs, market trends, and business goals.
● Define and analyze purchase funnel and other key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of our platform and make data-driven decisions to optimize product performance.
● Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer pain points and opportunities for innovation and differentiation.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement new features and enhancements that improve the customer experience and drive business results.
● Work with engineering teams to develop user stories, define product requirements, and ensure timely and high-quality product delivery.
● Communicate product updates and progress to internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership, sales, and customer success teams.
● Monitor and analyze competitor products and industry trends to identify potential threats and opportunities.
What You Bring to the Team
● 5+ years of experience in product management, with a focus on ecommerce, including search and funnel optimization. Familiarity with procurement platforms is a plus.
● Self-motivated, creative problem solver who develops deep empathy with customers.
● Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making.
● Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate product requirements and updates to cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
● Experience with agile development methodologies and working closely with engineering teams to deliver high-quality products on time.
● Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
● Familiarity with design thinking principles and user-centered design.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as computer science or business administration.
● Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment preferred.
● Experience working in Biotech, Life Sciences, or Higher-Education research preferred.
● Experience with procurement and supply chain management software preferred
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We are a venture-funded company that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drives our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At Labviva we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved. We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to healthcare, maternity/paternity leave, and equity.
To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital, veteran status and all fications protected by discrimination laws.