About the Role
As a Senior Engineer within the DevOps team at Labviva, you will implement, operate and advance our DevOps technologies and processes. Our DevOps department is focused on implementing and maintaining best practices around infrastructure management, test automation, and SRE initiatives. The Labviva platform allows scientists to search millions of data rich records when ordering equipment, chemicals and lab consumables and provide suppliers with rich analytics about purchased products. You are a fit for the role if you enjoy working on end-to-end solutions in a collaborative environment. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce platforms, database systems and are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You are thoughtful in your approach to design and engineer solutions that meet business demands while optimizing for system health, security and long-term maintenance. This role is based out of our Boston HQ (hybrid in-office/WFH).
How You Will Contribute
- Operate and support infrastructure at Labviva, building upon or replacing any pieces necessary to scale to meet our business requirements.
- Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products. Advocate for new technologies, methods, best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and work experience.
- Provide support for application development teams and be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- Aid in planning the future for our technologies, providing meaningful inputs, and supporting advancement of our platform.
- Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
- Mentor, support, and learn from other members of the team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect.
What You Bring to the Team
- The desire to put engineering skills and techniques to work for our customers, creating great solutions that enhance the daily lives of scientists and procurement specialists.
- Operational expertise with:
o Managing production-level IaC w/ Terraform
o Docker & Kubernetes
o Setting up routing for both north-south and east-west traffic
(via API Gateways and Service Mesh or similar)
o Kafka and supportive tools
o AWS and Cloud management infrastructure
- Experience working within an Agile toolsets and other supportive technologies such as Jira, Confluence, and Gitlab.
- Drive to own the product and create the best user experience possible
Experience With One or More of the Following
- Experience designing or working in a Service Oriented Architecture environment
- Building and operating Test Automation Infrastructure.
- Providing support for SRE projects and initiatives.
- High Availability through multi-AZ deployments.
- Adopting multi-region strategies for geographically dispersed users.