About the Role
As a Senior Engineer on the Data Support Services Team, you will help advance Labviva’s product data management and scientific data enrichment systems. These systems prepare materials to allow scientists to search millions of data rich records when ordering equipment, chemicals and lab consumables and provide suppliers with rich analytics about purchased products. You are a fit for the role if you enjoy working on end-to-end solutions in a collaborative environment. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce platforms, database systems and are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You are thoughtful in your approach to design and engineer solutions that meet business demands while optimizing for system health, security and long-term maintenance.
How You Will Contribute
• Design, develop and manage Labviva’s data capture and preparation systems aiding its evolution and advancement.
• Balance adding new functionality with reliability, maintenance, performance and security objectives under an agile framework.
• Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products. Advocate for new technologies, methods, best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and work experience.
• Build integrations with third party APIs for handling marketplace order transactions.
• Aid in planning the future for our technologies, providing meaningful inputs and supporting advancement of our platform.
• Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
• Mentor, support and learn from other members of the team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect.
What You Bring to the Team
• The desire to put engineering skills and techniques to work for our customers, creating great solutions that enhance the daily lives of scientists and procurement specialists.
• Experience with or an interest to use technologies ranging from Node.js, Postgres, SQL, and other technologies to support data cleaning, transaction management, and database management.
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We are a startup that acknowledges the unique contributions of each team member drives our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. We here at Labviva invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved. We provide a competitive set of benefits including healthcare, maternity/paternity leave, equity, and other items.
To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital, veteran status and all classifications protected by discrimination laws.