About the Role
As a Senior Data Analyst you will spearhead the data functions at Labviva. The role works across functions (Engineering, Finance, Customer Success, Product) to serve our marketplace clients and internal operational needs. You are a fit for the role if you have a passion for solving ambiguous problems via data, including how to drive user adoption, inform product strategy and develop key performance metrics. You are also a gifted communicator eager to work with internal software engineers and scientists as customers, parties that communicate with a high degree of precision. Success in this position will mature Labviva's approach to data to meet standards that are high quality (accurate, complete, consistent), comprehensive to meaningful business activity, easy to use properly (and difficult to use incorrectly) to drive the business forward. Experience in the Life Science or Procurement industries a plus.
How You Will Contribute
- Collaborate with organizational leaders to identify information needs, interpret results of your analysis, and present findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing data assets, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions and model trade-offs
- Generate insights to uncover usage trends of Labviva's Marketplace to inform product development, drive user adoption and savings (time and/or cost)
- Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders, both internal and external access to critical metrics and insights
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent years of experience
- Proven ability to quickly understand business concepts, apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems and influence business decision-making SQL fluency and experience in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Strong Excel fundamentals and familiarity with data visualization tools (we use Tableau) is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with a high degree of precision (our scientist end users and internal engineers require it), flexibility to pivot when needed in a dynamic environment
- Experience as a “data generalist” is preferred. This is a new role in startup environment with responsibilities in data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods is a plus.
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules. We are startup that acknowledges the unique contributions of each team member drives our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. Labviva does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital, veteran status and classifications protected by discrimination laws.