About the Role
As a Backend Engineer you will build out Labviva’s Enterprise Gateway Marketplace. This marketplace allows scientists to search millions of records when ordering equipment, chemicals and lab consumables while providing suppliers with rich analytics about purchased products. You are a fit for the role if you enjoy developing backend services as part of a collaborative. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce and/or enterprise applications and thrive in a dynamic environment. You are thoughtful in your approach to structuring data, delight in performant queries and bring attention to detail that helps to engineer solutions which meet business demands while optimizing for system health, security and maintainability.
How You Will Contribute
- Design, develop and manage Labviva’s e-commerce platform including our Product Information Management service and e-commerce solution (built on Magento). Balance adding new functionality with reliability, maintenance, performance and security objectives Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products.
- Advocate for best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and how we work
- Triage critical technical issues
- Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
- Design, architect, and support new and existing ETL pipelines, and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Mentor and learn from other members of the team.
What You Bring to the Team
- Software engineering experience with C#, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL and ETL processes
- Familiarity with cloud services (we use AWS)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals, and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules. We are a startup that acknowledges the unique contributions of each team member. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspective and experience we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital, veteran status and all qualifications protected by discrimination laws.