Actionist is a premier business consultancy that serves leading companies in financial services, consumer/retail, institutional investing, business services, and technology across the functions of strategic planning, growth management, organizational enablement, investment support, and business transformation.
Actionist's client mission is to create more impact, on a pound-for-pound basis, than any other consulting firm. We pride ourselves on our culture of collaboration and deep partnerships with executives and investment professionals to find the right answer, create pragmatic recommendations, and execute a winning strategy. Actionist operates with nimbleness and efficiency that makes consulting accessible at every stage of the growth journey and maximizes clients' return on consulting investments.
Actionist's talent mission is to accelerate and enrich the careers of our team members. We do so through distinctive training and coaching, intellectually stimulating engagements, cultivating an entrepreneurial environment, and enabling a travel-light model.
Our Business Analyst program is a skill-building journey for recent college graduates who wish to challenge themselves and gain exposure to a variety of business functions and capabilities while working on top-level consulting engagements. Our size enables us to fast track our analysts’ learning and experience in a manner not possible at larger, legacy firms. Senior team members drawn from the world’s top consultancies (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, BCG) provide oversight and mentorship to our Business Analysts, helping them develop their problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Researching client organizations and industries – primarily, but not restricted to, financial services, consumer goods/retail, and tech/media/telecom
- Identifying client issues related to long term growth, product positioning, marketing, operational improvements and efficiency, etc.
- Creating hypotheses and collecting data to analyze from financial statements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks reports, industry metrics, and other relevant data sets
- Analyzing large quantitative data sets using Excel to translate raw data into meaningful and digestible insights, and building advanced financial models using Excel where necessary to validate hypotheses
- Interviewing subject matter experts, conducting focus groups to obtain qualitative insights, and facilitating workshops with client employees, management teams, and other stakeholders
- Preparing detailed PowerPoint presentations, business memos, and supporting documents to recommend course of action to key C-Suite executives, decision makers, and other stakeholders
- Moving the client to action; developing pilots and outlining full-scale project plans to implement the strategic recommendations
- Contributing to the development of company intellectual property
- Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic performance; Economics major or a related field with coursework in business/accounting/finance required
- Proven record of leadership
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in structured analysis (financial modeling and/or statistical experience strongly preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a service-oriented environment and maintain healthy relationships with both team members and clients
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teammates and managers
- Eagerness to learn and a desire to achieve personal and professional growth
- Commitment to high-quality, on-time client service
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes. Given the number of received applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.