Actionist is a premier business consultancy that serves leading companies in financial services, consumer/retail, institutional investing, business services, and technology across the functions of strategic planning, growth management, organizational enablement, investment support, and business transformation.
Actionist's client mission is to create more impact, on a pound-for-pound basis, than any other consulting firm. We pride ourselves on our culture of collaboration and deep partnerships with executives and investment professionals to find the right answer, create pragmatic recommendations, and execute a winning strategy. Actionist operates with nimbleness and efficiency that makes consulting accessible at every stage of the growth journey and maximizes clients' return on consulting investments.
Actionist's talent mission is to accelerate and enrich the careers of our team members. We do so through distinctive training and coaching, intellectually stimulating engagements, cultivating an entrepreneurial environment, and enabling a travel-light model.
Associates (PE) act as a client advisor to private equity/credit funds and their portfolio companies, and are responsible for managing and owning major workstreams on client engagements. Work includes conducting due diligences, supporting portfolio companies on their most pressing issues, and advising on acquisitions, capital raises, and platform exits. Associates (PE) work as part of a team but are also expected to contribute as stand-alone leaders while preparing and delivering compelling presentations and analyses for investment and business decisions (e.g., research, models, case studies).
- Manage the most critical workstreams in pre-investment due diligences, investment firm portfolio company work, and investment banking mandates
- Conduct primary and secondary research to gather information and assess investment theses
- Analyze data, build financial models and run analyses on large data sets, conduct surveys, and synthesize findings to inform and support investment strategies
- Advise and present sections of reports to deal teams and executives at portfolio companies
- Implement recommendations alongside internal/external team members
- Coordinate and collaborate with other team members to deliver key project workstreams
- Manage and mentor Analysts
- 1-3 years of work experience at a top-tier consulting firm with experience in investor-facing engagements such as due diligences/portfolio work, or bulge bracket investment banking experience
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced environment supporting clients with high expectations for quality and insights
- Experience in developing and delivering client presentations/communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with comfort preparing research, financial models, valuations, and data analysis to support investment theses and business recommendations
- Ability to contribute across multiple functions of the team (e.g., high-level communication, presentation design, analysis)
- Outstanding track record of success in past professional and academic endeavors
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., accounting, finance, physics, engineering, math, data science) preferred
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes. Given the number of received applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.