Full Speed Automation is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Automation Controls Integration Engineer to join our team, working with some of the best engineers to learn world-class engineering tools and practices.
Our vision is to dramatically improve manufacturing quality, efficiency and sustainability. We believe in a better world where better production cares for the planet and its people. This means more meaningful local jobs, less waste, smarter processes, better energy management, and improved working conditions. We have an ambitious mission and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together. To summarize, we put factories on steroids for a better future!
As an Automation Controls Integration Engineer, you will contribute to VITESSE, the next generation platform of manufacturing automation software with a focus on human-machine interfaces (HMI), high performance process controls and automated configuration and code generation for programmable logic controllers (such as Beckhoff, Siemens, Allen-Bradley and other compatible platforms). This will encompass the design, bring-up and development of sophisticated equipment in our R&D lab as well as for our customers and partners in the fields of electric vehicles, robotics, energy, biotech and smart warehouses. It also includes the development of function blocks and interfaces to communicate with information systems such as manufacturing execution systems, databases and other production management tools. Finally, your expertise will get you involved in the definition of specifications and requirements for VITESSE, working closely with product and engineering leaders at Full Speed Automation.
To be successful, you must be self-driven, thrive in ambiguity and curious by nature. You should be able to quickly prototype software to demonstrate feasibility, iterate rapidly based on feedback from stakeholders. In addition to experience developing user interfaces for manufacturing and test execution with working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems with a commitment to quality required to achieve it.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of manufacturing software and automation controls.
- Knowledge of at least two of Siemens, Allen-Bradley and Beckhoff platforms
- Proficient at bringing-up and programming PLC/IPCs with one of the following platforms - Siemens, Allen-Bradley and Beckhoff
- Experience working with industrial and/or collaborative robots strongly desired
- Experience using or developing vision packages or machine learning desired
- Knowledge in simulation, virtual commissioning and working with digital twins is a plus
- Experience with one or more segments of the automotive manufacturing process
- Knowledge of communications between machine PLCs and relational databases
- C#, .NET, python and/or SQL experience
- PLC programming experience, preferably Siemens TIA Portal and Beckhoff TwinCat 3
- HMI and SCADA programming experience
- Experience with field bus networks, serial communication and Ethernet communication
- Experience programming industrial 6-axis robots such as Fanuc, Kuka, UR, Kawasaki etc. is preferred
- Experience developing machine vision applications (Keyence, Cognex, LMI3D, etc.)
- Experience with Git revision control
- Experience interfacing manufacturing equipment with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience with design and implementation of industrial networking protocols such as Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, and Profinet
Full Speed Automation is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.