- Looking for the opportunity to be an impact player in designing healthy spaces in healthcare?
- Seeking a supportive environment where creativity & curiosity thrive?
- Able to balance your creativity and design aesthetic with a client’s budget and schedule?
- Eager to apply biophilic design principles to projects?
- A team player that enjoys working with others to collectively solve problems and design client solutions?
- Looking for a place to develop your skills and further explore your unique talents?
What We’re Looking For:
An impact player to join our team. As an emerging professional, it is your job to collaborate with all team members in an effective and efficient manner, working under the direction of, and in collaboration, with project team members. You will participate in TGB’s integrated architectural design process as an Interior Designer and help develop creative interior environments and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client. With a focus on continuous development of our team members, you will have the opportunity to apply and further explore biophilic and regenerative design principles in application on healthcare projects.
Who We Are:
TGB Architects is a cohesive small architecture and design firm based in Edmonds, WA, with a primary focus on healthcare design. We strive to create healthy environments where people grow, develop, and contribute their unique talents in a way that cultivates abundance. We recognize that brings unique strengths and passions to the team and we’re looking for people who want to shine while enriching the team’s talent.
As a regenerative organization, our leadership is nodal (not hierarchical) and in doing so honor the contributions of individual team members. We focus on the well-being of the team through quarterly Organizational Health Index assessments that monitor organizational health and progress.
TGB has an integrated design model with architecture and interiors working side-by-side on projects; we are not a stand-alone interiors studio.
What We Offer
TGB is unique. We put our people first. We recognize the importance of team member development and invest in our continuous learning. By putting our people first, they in turn are empowered to take care of our clients and our partner network. The testament to this is our long-standing relationships and client work within Washington. Our dynamic and ever evolving work environment fosters each team member’s ability to craft their role in responding to the needs of our clients, our market, and our own growth and development.
We have identified the changing role in our physical office footprint and support various remote work environments and schedules. We leverage technology and collaborative tools to work together in a cohesive environment. This role can be fulfilled remotely, with travel as necessary.
We offer unlimited PTO, full health care benefits, and 401K.
- Professional degree in Interior Design required
- 4-7 years of experience in an Architecture or Design office, post-graduation
- Healthcare project experience In-patient experience preferred
- Sustainability accreditation preferred – LEED, WELL, , etc.
- Professional accreditation preferred - NCIDQ
- Ability to read, correct, and compile a construction document set
- Ability to work on manage multiple projects, and prioritize between them
- Proficient in detailing interior materials and specialty design elements
- Understanding of interior materials and appropriate application
- Basic knowledge of relevant building and safety/permitting agencies
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to be resourceful, self-motivated, and take active ownership of assignments
- Ability to work independently with oversight and as part of a team to perform a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of Interior design
- Flexibility to act in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Comfortable working in remote working environment and utilizing technology platforms for team communication
- Experience using Revit/BIM 360; at least 2 years of Revit use in a professional setting
- Experience using visualization tools such as Rendering Engine (, Lumion)
- Experience using Microsoft software tools such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and MS Teams
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Support PM/DL for Interior Design related tasks for projects.
- Interact with clients directly and professionally
- Present design ideas to management and clients
- Understand past, current, and upcoming design styles and trends
- Understanding of how the bidding process works, construction timelines, and how design elements are built
- Manage multiple projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills
- Assist with new employee onboarding and training programs