About DC Green Bank
DC Green Bank (DCGB) is a special entity authorized by the DC government. The mission of DCGB is to provide access to capital, growing the clean economy to develop a more equitable, resilient, and sustainable DC. We use public dollars to unlock private investment to support a clean and energy efficient future by targeting four core areas – solar power, cleaner and greener buildings, transportation electrification, and building resilience against local impacts of climate change. We currently have millions of public dollars available to deploy, with the aim of augmenting those resources by working with private lenders to bring additional capital into DC’s clean economy. We have flexible and innovative financial products available and are looking to work with community groups, businesses, private financial institutions, developers, contractors, condo and homeowners’ associations, coops, commercial real estate, foundations, government entities, and all other groups ready to help us to make a clean, green, and inclusive future real in the .
DC Green Bank is looking for a driven Investment Intern with work or academic experience in finance, economics, or consulting and/or specific sector expertise or passion in clean energy or sustainable infrastructure. The Investment Intern can expect to participate in financial analysis, sector and company research, lead tracking, investment due diligence, and other investment support activities for DC Green Bank. You should be a results-oriented and motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and respond to changing business needs.
We aim to provide a comprehensive experience that will deepen your exposure to climate finance from a green bank lens, with the following example responsibilities:
- Audit, redesign and/or implementation of business process management tools (including business development, project management, closing and asset management processes) including Monday.com, TREX and
- Support development and refinement of key credit and risk underwriting templates, and scorecards
- Analyze financial statements and due diligence of potential deals, and identify credit risks and strengths for the investment team to consider
- Support and track effectiveness of the pricing process for projects
- Business development lead tracking and communication support
- Take on additional tasks or projects to contribute to startup and office operations
- Collaborate with other DCGB interns on designated projects
- Champion an environment that supports equity, access, and inclusion
Ultimately, we are looking for the right person with the right set of skills to fill the position. There is no perfect candidate. Highlight the best parts of your experience that align with the job description.
- Enrollment in graduate (preferred) or degree program (economics, finance, environmental / energy policy, or related field)
- Strong analytical skills with some exposure to financial modeling
- Passion for sustainability and interest in climate finance
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to ask questions to clarify assignments
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Candidates should have access to a computer and regular access to the Internet
- Commitment to the mission and core values of DC Green Bank
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States for the duration of the internship.
- Status: Part-time; up to 20 hours/week. Internship is designed to start in mid-October to Spring 2023 with the opportunity to be extended.
- Location: Must be able to work remotely and commute to a co-working space located in Washington, D.C. at least once per week. Preference will be given to residents of Washington, D.C. and students attending colleges and universities located in DC.
- Compensation: $20.75/hour
Interested applicants should submit the following via dcgreenbank.com/about/#careers. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
- A detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position
- A resume outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization
- Relevant coursework at the undergraduate and/or graduate level completed or under current enrollment at the time of application.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2022