DC Green Bank seeks a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to help continue to build this cutting-edge, mission-driven organization. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will support the Director of Strategic Engagement while managing the communications, marketing, and public relations efforts of DC Green Bank, in addition to the Bank’s contact database, supporting and advancing the organization’s mission. The coordinator will create unique and engaging social media graphics as well as communications and marketing materials – including visual and graphic design and video elements – to educate our constituencies on our products, services, mission, partners, and impact. The coordinator will also contribute to the development and execution of community engagement and outreach strategies and events.
- Manage the external public relations efforts to inform constituents of DC Green Bank’s events, accomplishments, and impact.
- Create unique and engaging social media graphics and marketing materials – visual design and video content – to educate our constituencies on our products, services, mission, partners, and impact. This requires a high level of proficiency in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, video editing software, as well as strong writing and editing skills.
- Manage DCGB social media accounts.
- Create and produce DCGB’s regular newsletters and blog posts.
- Manage, promote, and refine DCGB’s brand and visual identity.
- Support the development of press releases and materials and engagement with local and national press.
- Manage the creation and delivery of DC Green Bank brand and promotional materials.
- Manage and build out DCGB contact database and CRM to maximize ability to segment and reach key audiences.
- Develop multi-platform communications, marketing, and public relations strategy, including regular message calendars.
- Uphold and regularly enact DC Green Bank’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Uphold and regularly enact DC Green Bank’s commitment to sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has 1 – 3 years of proven experience in the Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations fields. Candidates should possess the ability to plan and execute community and public events to support the DC Green Bank’s mission, investments, products, values, and impact.
DC Green Bank is committed to reaching multiple constituents in the District. Candidates who are fluent or proficient in speaking multiple languages are desirable.
Ultimately, we are looking for the right person with the right set of skills to fill the position. There is no perfect candidate. Highlight the best parts of your experience that align with the job description as staff at all positions in DC Green Bank are encouraged to learn and grow to make this the best place to work.
- 4-year degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and willing to ask questions to clarify assignments
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, solid conflict resolution skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work respectfully and build relationships across a variety of people and departments
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities, and multi-task critical deliverables
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
Location: Washington, DC; Hybrid work environment, currently two (2) days in the office and three (3) days remote
Salary: Maximum - $80,000/annually
- Strong preference is given to candidates who reside in Washington, DC or commit to relocating to Washington, DC within 6 months of employment. This may be a term of employment.
Interested applicants should submit (1) a detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position, and (2) a CV/resume clearly outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About DC Green Bank:
DC Green Bank develops and facilitates innovative financial solutions to support District businesses, organizations, and residents on the path to a cleaner future for all. We invest in solar energy systems, energy efficient buildings and retrofits, green stormwater infrastructure, and transportation electrification in line with our values of Sustainability, Clean Economy, and Inclusive Prosperity. To date, DC Green Bank has invested millions of dollars in a cleaner, greener, and more equitable future. To learn more, please visit us at www.dcgreenbank.com.