DC Green Bank seeks a Sr. Loan Officer, Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program to help continue to build this cutting-edge, mission-driven Initiative. The Sr. Loan Officer will work with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to strategize, implement, and maintain the PACE program initiatives and help to transition this program to DC Green Bank from an outside party and develop robust policies and procedures around the program. The successful candidate will have robust commercial banking experience including loan administration and asset management with proven ability to manage large, complex projects. As a core member of the team, the Sr. Loan Officer will play an important role in determining the success of this growing and high-impact organization.
- Work closely with the project sponsor, cross-functional teams, bankers, and external stakeholders within the PACE market.
- Have the ability to assess the required resources, work plan, and the timing for the program deliverables.
- Manage all operations and asset management of PACE loans
- Develop and manage projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with peers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Address escalations, resolve issues, and take corrective actions if required across departments and levels
- Stay abreast of sustainability trends, financing products, and legislation that directly affects DC Green Bank, our stakeholders, and constituents; keep clients and client pipeline apprised of current trends and organizational happenings.
- Uphold and regularly enact DC Green Bank’s commitment to sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has experience in commercial banking and real estate in the District of Columbia. You are the ideal candidate if:
- You have proven experience in Commercial banking with loan administration and asset management
- You have an understanding of the PACE market and experience working in PACE financing, preferably within the DC area
- You have a high level of precision in documenting policies and procedures
- You have excellent communication skills and are adept at working closely with outside stakeholders, specifically within the banking industry
- You are committed to engaging and partnering with stakeholders, especially in underserved communities.
- You are committed to tackling climate change issues at a local level for global impact.
- You are committed to inclusive prosperity, creating environments, programs, and providing resources to historically excluded groups
- You will strive to bring an entrepreneurial and creative spirit to DC Green Bank
DC Green Bank is committed to reaching multiple constituents in the District. Candidates who are fluent or proficient in speaking multiple languages are desirable.
Ultimately, we are looking for the right person with the right set of skills to fill the position. There is no perfect candidate. Highlight the best parts of your experience that align with the job description as all positions at DC Green Bank are encouraged to learn and grow to make this the best place to work.
- Experience in the commercial banking industry, specifically in Commercial Real Estate lending, loan operations, and asset management
- Understanding of the PACE market and experience working in PACE financing; preferably within the DC area
- 4-year degree in business administration or a related field; Masters preferred
- 3+ years in a team leadership role (preference given to those with program management experience)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods; PMP Certification preferred
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and willingness to ask questions to clarify assignments
- Commitment to the mission of DC Green Bank
- Status: Full-time
- Location: Remote until further notice, during the COVID-19 pandemic; Post-remote work, the required location will be Washington, DC.
- Salary and Benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit (1) a detailed cover letter expressing their interest and fit for the position, and (2) a CV/resume clearly outlining experience, abilities, and qualifications satisfying the needs of the organization.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About DC Green Bank
The mission of DC Green Bank, an independent agency, established by the Green Finance Authority Establishment Act of 2018, is to:
- Attract public and private capital by leveraging our locally funded capital base to help turn the tide on the pandemic and rebuild a stronger and more equitable economy;
- Use financial tools to increase capacity, accelerate lending, and recapitalize funds to support the Bank’s mission;
- Become a go-to resource for District residents, small business owners, and commercial developers interested in energy efficiency improvements, clean energy installations, and construction of green infrastructure; and
- Be a breakeven entity, where the revenues earned from financing activity cover its operating costs over the long-term.
In the green buildings space, DC Green Bank is working with District agencies to support energy efficiency and green retrofits and renovations in affordable housing buildings that are not currently meeting the District’s 2021 Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS).