The Military & Affiliated Benefits Coordinator is a part-time position, upt to 29 hours per week dedicated to Veteran/Military-affiliated students in all aspects of educational benefits and related services. This position will support and develop veteran/military-affiliated students while supporting the career-focused mission of the institution and the overall goal of increasing retention and graduation rates. This position will be located at our NewSchool of Architecture & Design campus in beautiful San Diego, California.
- Reconcile military benefits funds from the Federal Government to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations
- Manage initial veteran prospective and current student inquiries and information requests
- Stay current with training requirements for VA SCO’s as set forth by the VA and State agencies
- Established electronic forms to facilitate student self- certification of educational benefits, state veteran waivers, information requests, and benefits checklists, leading to a paper-free office environment and concurrent reduction in back log of certification requests.
- Responsible for essential administrative functions including development and implementation of policies and procedures including the oversight and training of Veterans Work-Study Program workers.
- Process certifications for all military benefit programs, including but not limited to: Chapter 31, Chapter 30, National Guard and State Veterans tuition waivers, Chapter 33, and Military Tuition Assistance. Authorizes benefits and coordinates VA payments for Veterans, eligible dependents, survivors, and Reservists and National Guard members with all departments across the university in accordance with Federal, State, and university regulatory guidelines.
- Act as a primary liaison between the university and all military benefit offices (such as the VA, National Guard, MADVA, and DOD).
- Conduct all benefits and services activities in accordance with and in compliance with all rules and regulations contained in the VA School Certifying Official Handbook as well as any other guidance issued from other regulatory bodies.
- Adhere to and is knowledgeable of appropriate guidelines relating to FERPA and university policy on the release of records and information to a third party.
- Responsible for adjusting financial aid packages to account for military benefits
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working specifically with Veteran/Military-affiliated students in a college/university.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate and manage relationships with students and their families; also, must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to self-manage multiple projects while working under deadlines during the university's peak times.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, Ambow Education USA does not provide employment sponsorship
About Ambow Education USA
Ambow Education USA has a mission to redefine the way higher education operates and services its community. Formed in 2020 following the acquisition of Bay State College (Boston) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego) in 2020, Ambow Education plays an integral part in the delivery of critical services to students, faculty, and staff.
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education USA Shared Service is pursuing such opportunities to engage educational leaders from varied disciplines for their visionary, innovative, and strategic thinking to build a best-in-class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost-effective operational services, first-class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.
Ambow Education Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.