Position Overview The Controller is responsible for the direct supervision of all accounting functions in a multiple company environment. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly and quarterly close process, billing, collection of accounts receivable and supervising accounts payable. The Controller is also responsible for creating and implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage accounting team in the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Review monthly accounting close process and assist with analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Maintain fixed asset additions and depreciation entries.
- Coordinate all intercompany transactions.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis used by senior management and external users.
- Perform independent research and provide analysis of variances, trends, and unusual transactions.
- Manage the compilation and review process for the Organizations Audited GAAP Financial as well as special reports and analysis for regulatory agencies.
- Perform research and articulate GAAP accounting issues and document changes to Organization’s policy and procedures.
- Prepare financial statements analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual audit with outside CPA firm.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting plan.
- Supervise the billing of Student Accounts and Receivable Management.
- Supervise the accounts payable process and reimbursements to employees.
- Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures adhering to best practice.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred, not required.
- Higher Education industry experience is preferred.
- Experience managing and supervising accounting staff with 5+ years of experience.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, able to maintain control and order.
- Familiarity with intercompany transactions and reporting.
- Understand GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with Business Central Dynamics or Great Plains accounting software a plus.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Remote with varying work times to be responsive to clients in the US.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life and AD&D
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Waiver
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ambow Education USA does not provide employment sponsorship
About Ambow Education USA
Ambow Education USA has a mission to redefine the way higher education operates and services its community. Formed in 2020 following the acquisition of Bay State College (Boston) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego) in 2020, Ambow Education plays an integral part in the delivery of critical services to students, faculty, and staff.
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education USA Shared Service is pursuing such opportunities to engage educational leaders from varied disciplines for their visionary, innovative, and strategic thinking to build a best-in-class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.
The College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.