The part-time Accounts Payable Coordinator will provide operational and financial management support to all Staff and Faculty across all campus locations. This position will be responsible for processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices for accurate and timely payment while ensuring approval policies and purchasing procedures are followed. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Controller.
- Enter and classify invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements, verify transactions, and address issues.
- Collect and distribute invoices and approvals from budget managers weekly.
- Work with managers and vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Credit card and bank account pre-reconciliation verifications.
- Generate vendor payments.
- Expedite special payment requests and follow through on vendor issues.
- Develop and maintain of Excel spreadsheet.
- Maintain various subsidiary ledgers daily.
- Assist in monthly accounting close, including general ledger entry preparation.
- Prepare accounting records for GAAP audit.
- Provide administrative support through correspondences, collection of data, respond to incoming requests from vendors and staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of financial service experience required.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures.
- Exceptional organizations skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to both internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Detail Oriented; able to multi-task and prioritize work efficiently A MUST.
- Highly organized; able to handle a high volume of work A MUST.
- Professional, Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Proficient using Dynamics Business Central Microsoft Excel.
- Remote with varying work times to be responsive to clients in the US.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
About Ambow Education USA
Ambow Education USA has a mission to redefine the way higher education operates and services its community. Formed in 2020 following the acquisition of Bay State College (Boston) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego) in 2020, Ambow Education plays an integral part in the delivery of critical services to students, faculty, and staff.
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education USA Shared Service is pursuing such opportunities to engage educational leaders from varied disciplines for their visionary, innovative, and strategic thinking to build a best-in-class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.
The College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.