This is an extraordinary opportunity to come in at the ground floor of a fast growing, ultra-high impact CleanTech startup. We at Blue Frontier are racing to solve arguably the biggest sustainability problem in the world with our disruptive space conditioning technology and business models. Air conditioning is the fastest growing use of electricity in the U.S. and globally. If present trends continue, by 2050 air conditioning electricity consumption will be bigger than the combined electricity consumption of China and India today!
Blue Frontier’s patented AC system combines liquid desiccant dehumidification with indirect evaporative cooling to reduce electricity use by up to 90%. The desiccant is recharged and stored when electricity is the cleanest or lowest cost, and later used to deliver cooling when electricity is polluting or costly. These features enable our system to solve an array of today’s largest sustainability problems while improving indoor comfort and occupant health.
Working in the Business Development department and reporting to the Head of Services and Customer Experience, the HVAC Senior Field Technician will be responsible for supporting installation partners for the install, operation and maintenance of Blue Frontier HVAC units in commercial buildings. Initially this will be a very hands-on role, commissioning and operating Blue Frontier’s Pilot systems at a number of sites. The role will later develop into the provision of training, supervision, and second-line technical support for sub-contractors of Blue Frontier HVAC Systems in commercial building environments. To the ideal candidate, this position is an opportunity to bring novel products to the market with the potential to literally change the world for the better.
Roles and Responsibilities
HVAC Field Installation, Service and Support
- Commission pilot HVAC units and monitor their operation to maximize customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot pilot system issues in the field and provide resolution
- Work with Product Development team to diagnose issues and develop resolution plan
- Provide field supervisory and project management of sub-contractor partner HVAC installations
- Utilize strong customer and sub-contractor partner interpersonal communication skills
- Train sub-contractor partners on the installation and operation of Blue Frontier HVAC systems
- Provide sub-contractor partner technical support including assisting them to troubleshoot and solve system issues in the field
- Collect customer and contractor feedback and relay to Product Development/R&D
- Minimum of 5 years as an HVAC Installation, Service or Repair technician, working for an HVAC installer or Manufacturer
- Must have HVAC Journeyman license as a minimum. HVAC Master license would be “a plus”.
- Section 608 certification would be “a plus”
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications; ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
- Knowledge and experience working with HVAC control systems and data to diagnose and resolve system issues
- Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus, and BACnet
- Experience working with products during their development and deploying pilot projects for new technology would be a “plus”
- Strong general mechanical and electrical skills
- Self-motivated and with the ability to work in a team environment as required
- IT proficiency including MS Office
- Well organized with good verbal and written communication skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Valid drivers’ license with limited violations
Highly competitive salary commensurate with the position and level of capabilities of the applicant.
Medical and dental insurance. Paid vacation and holidays.
This role will be based out of our Boca Raton facility which is located close to Boca Raton Tri-Rail station. This role will include a requirement to travel to project sites across North America as required.