This is an extraordinary opportunity to come in at the ground floor of a fast growing, ultra-high impact CleanTech startup. We at Blue Frontier are racing to solve arguably the biggest sustainability problem in the world with our disruptive space conditioning technology and business models. Air conditioning is the fastest growing use of electricity in the U.S. and globally. If present trends continue, by 2050 air conditioning electricity consumption will be bigger than the combined electricity consumption of China and India today!
Blue Frontier’s patented AC system combines liquid desiccant dehumidification with indirect evaporative cooling to reduce electricity use by up to 90%. The desiccant is recharged and stored when electricity is the cleanest or lowest cost, and later used to deliver cooling when electricity is polluting or costly. These features enable our system to solve an array of today’s largest sustainability problems while improving indoor comfort and occupant health.
Working in the Business Development department and reporting to the EVP of Business Development, the HVAC Project Field Supervisor will be responsible for training, supervising, and providing technical support for sub-contractor partner installations of Blue Frontier HVAC Systems in commercial building environments. Duties will also include assisting company sales personnel with technical guidance for potential sales opportunities.
To the ideal candidate, this position is an opportunity to bring novel products to the market with the potential to literally change the world for the better.
Roles and Responsibilities
HVAC Field Installation Project Management and Support
- Provide field supervisory and project management of sub-contractor partner HVAC installations
- Monitor and manage all installation costs associated with Blue Frontier HVAC installation projects
- Utilize strong customer and sub-contractor partner interpersonal communication skills
- Train sub-contractor partners on the installation and operation of Blue Frontier HVAC systems
- Provide sub-contractor partner technical support including assisting them to troubleshoot and solve system issues in the field
- Manage sub-contract partner agreement negotiation, preparation, processing, and execution with support from the Business Development Team as required
Skills & Capabilities
Education & Experience
- Minimum Associate degree: Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Project management experience in the HVAC industry, preferably working for an HVAC installer
- Minimum of 5 years as senior HVAC technician + 3 years as a field project manager or senior supervisor – or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications; ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus, and BACnet
- Self-motivated and with the ability to work in a team environment as required
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, or other project management software as required
- Well organized with good verbal and written communication skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Valid drivers’ license with limited violations
Compensation & Benefits
Highly competitive salary commensurate with the position and level of capabilities of the applicant
Medical and dental insurance. Paid vacation and holidays.
Location & Travel
This role will be based in our Boca Raton facility which is located close to Boca Raton Tri-Rail station.
This role will include a requirement to travel to project sites across the USA as required.