Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. The organization offers an excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender, and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Age Well Community Council Coordinator will oversee the activities and initiatives of the Age Well Community Council (AWCC) a collaborative of community stakeholders. This position reports to the Vice President, Community Impact at United Way of Western CT. Must be a highly self-motivated, professional, and highly organized with experience in facilitation, coordination, marketing outreach, and strategic planning. Expertise in older adult population a plus. Exceptional references.
- Organize all events, activities, and initiatives as defined by the AWCC in the Danbury community.
- Collaborate and communicate with all community council members. Coordinate with Council co-chairs to set meeting, prepare agendas, coordinate guest speakers and produce meeting minutes.
- Serve as main community representative at community level events on behalf of the AWCC.
- Serve as thought leader for AWCC with the aging population, building relationships through advocacy and education.
- Lead marketing and outreach efforts to members of the aging community. Help design and execute a public awareness campaign designated by the council on social isolation, elder abuse/fraud, and food security for older adults.
- Develop messaging and content and coordinate outreach to key stakeholders.
- Design and implement two community pop-up events at senior housing sites to distribute information and resources and combat social isolation.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Initiative-taker with ability to anticipate needs and take initiative.
- Strong people skills; diligence; ability to conceptualize and develop strategies.
Salary Range $22.00 - $30.00