United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Resource Development Associate. This is a Full-time, position based in Danbury, CT. Note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, staff are temporarily working on a hybrid schedule with three days onsite and two days remote.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This entry level position is a terrific opportunity for the qualified candidate to be immersed in the fundraising and marketing department at United Way of Western Connecticut. This individual will be exposed to a broad range of tasks that allow learning and growth opportunities. The Resource Development Associate position will provide research, sales, and administrative support to the organization as an integral member of the Resource Development and Marketing team. Exceptional references.
- Assist with workplace campaigns and related events including coordination of campaign materials and attendance at corporate campaign events and meetings.
- Update donor database with corporate campaign information.
- Collaborate with Marketing on campaign related web and social media content.
- Cultivate relationships with Chambers and local civic organizations to identify qualified donor or campaign leads.
- ' Occasional need to speak at companies to promote UWWC goals and initiatives.
- Assist the RD team around volunteer, sponsorship, and impact programs, including
- Creating and editing sponsorship proposals, preparing meeting agendas, and more.
- Participate in community activities which contribute to the acquisition and retention of individual donors.
- Assist in the cultivation and management of ongoing relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Assist in providing ongoing and timely donor recognition and appreciation.
- Assist with the prospecting, research, and outreach for current and new partners.
- Provide staff support to volunteer committees and Resource Development team to plan and execute programs and events.
- Provide support securing small business sponsorships for events.
Data Management and Technology
- Resident expert on customer relationship management system (CRM) and workplace giving database.
- Responsible for CRM upkeep and implementation.
- Enter opportunities for daily money, ensuring United Way Worldwide standards are taken into consideration.
- Responsible for data entry for workplace giving campaigns.
- Collaborates with marketing on workplace giving technology platforms, including building, and updating company sites, uploading employee’s databases, and more.
Required Experience and Education
- BA/BS degree and one to two years of fundraising or sales experience.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively across Departments.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a detail for follow up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Good communications skills, both in speech and writing; pleasant and personable manner.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft excel database CRM systems.