United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Full Stack Developer, Prosperity Digital Marketplace (PDM). This is a full-time position based in Stamford, Ct office.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. The organization offers an excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender, and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
PDM is a nonprofit subsidiary organization of United Way of Western Connecticut. We formed to enable United Ways to serve low-income households in a more efficient and technology-driven manner while creating a revenue stream that can be poured into programming and solutions on a local and national level. We are creating a software platform that operates in the nonprofit space matching people living paycheck to paycheck with people who can help.
As our Full Stack Developer, you will take ownership of developing a robust and scalable online platform that connects families in need with those who want to help. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and usability. This is not just a product; it's a mission. The right person will embrace that and allow it to fuel their work alongside our team across the country who are concerned with income inequality.
· Working with development teams and product managers to come up with software solutions to concrete user problems.
· Designing client-side and server-side architecture and owning scalability and security of the platform.
· Building the front-end of applications ensuring they are mobile responsive, by collaborating with a designer.
· Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications.
· Working with data scientists and analysts to consistently iterate on the product.
· Writing clean, well-tested, functional code on the front- and back-end.
Required Experience and Education
· Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role (3-5 years minimum).
· Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
· Familiarity with common stacks such as MERN or PERN, familiarity with headless CMS applications such as Strapi, and Open Financial Applications such as Plaid.
· Knowledge of NextJs and GraphQL is a plus.
· Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB), cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), and UI/UX design
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Great attention to detail
· Organizational skills
· An analytical mind
PDM offers a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401k match, paid time off plus holidays, and remote flexibility.