Stamford Cradle to Career is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Communications Manager. This is a part-time (20 hour/week) position based in our Stamford, CT office.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are located in Stamford, Danbury and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Stamford Cradle to Career’s (SC2C) Communications Manager position is a part-time (20 hours/week) position that will play an integral role in the success of the organization. SC2C is a collective impact organization whose mission is to ensure that all Stamford children succeed in school, career, and life. Our community-wide partnership includes more than 60 active members who align resources to measurably improve the lives of Stamford children and their families. The Communications Manager will work with SC2C staff, volunteer team members, parents, students, and partner organizations to publicize SC2C’s work, activities, and events, while also helping to promote the work of our partners in supporting Stamford’s children. The role of the Communications Manager is to help parents, families, caregivers, educators, and the community at large understand the essential role of SC2C.
· Develop a presence on social media platforms for SC2C, disseminating information about SC2C events and activities, while also keeping Stamford parents up to date on resources and activities available to them, both locally and statewide. Create content, schedule, and manage social media posts. Increase followers on social media platforms and make SC2C social media sites a go-to for information about educating and raising children in the City of Stamford. Work with student interns to support/improve social media presence with youth in Stamford.
· Update and maintain website, keeping homepage, posts, and resources up to date, with assistance of external website administrator. This includes listening to and incorporating input from parents and students.
· Write press releases and follow-up with local media to ensure coverage of SC2C activities.
· Create flyers for SC2C events, including for Community Racial Justice Series, Bridge to College events, Professional Development sessions, and other SC2C sponsored events and activities throughout the year.
· Create SC2C’s Annual Report.
· Assist SC2C President with writing tasks, including bi-monthly reports and letters of support.
· Work with translator/translation services to translate materials to Spanish and Haitian Creole as needed.
· Co-facilitate monthly Communications Network meetings.
Other Duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
· Experience in social media communications via major platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
· Experience in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat. Experience with online content creation platforms, such as Canva.
· Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple audiences in a culturally competent manner.
· Familiarity with the City of Stamford, its nonprofits, and activities/events/programs serving children and families is an asset.
Salary Range $37-$45K Part-Time
Cover letter required (Y/N) Yes