United Way of Western Connecticut (Stamford Cradle to Career) is seeking a
candidate to fill the position of
The Community Coordinator This is a full-time position based in our
Stamford, CT office.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices are in Stamford, Danbury, and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Community Coordinator works with Stamford Cradle to Career (SC2C), a collective impact organization focused on streamlining the early childhood system to better serve parents and providers and ensure all children are ready to learn in kindergarten and beyond. Two goals for this new position are: 1) to create a systems approach to increasing participation in home visiting programs for pregnant women, and 2) to establish a developmental monitoring and screening system in Stamford using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) and a Continuous Improvement (CQI) process. The EC Community Liaison will work with the 0-5 Early Childhood Community Action Network of SC2C to implement the plan and will actively engage with providers (e.g., home visiting, school readiness, pediatricians, early childcare providers, Ferguson Library, Stamford Public Schools, parenting programs, etc.) and parents to promote the importance of developmental monitoring, developmental screening, and home visiting.
· Increase awareness of home visiting and parenting programs in the community to ensure expectant mothers and parents participate. This will include implementing a strategy to share information widely and acting as a resource to community providers including schools, health care and nonprofit partners.
· Coordinate regular case conferencing meetings between parenting programs and home visiting providers with the goal of providing more effective services to parents and their children.
· Increase the understanding of the importance of early childhood monitoring, screening, and promoting of the ASQ to community partners, including early childhood providers, healthcare providers, community organizations, and parents.
· Arrange and provide trainings to providers and parents around the administration of the ASQ.
· Collaborate with Child Development Infoline (CDI) and participating providers to create a Stamford ASQ database and ensure that participating providers are entering ASQ data into the CDI online data system.
· Coordinate all ASQ work with SC2C’s Sparkler Coordinator and Parent Liaisons.
· Stay up to date on and participate in regional and state early childhood work, including but not limited to Help Me Grow, CT Office of Early Childhood, etc.
· Carry out community-based tasks as outlined in the 0-5 Early Childhood CAN workplans.
· Maintain concise and professional communication with community partners.
- Experience with home visiting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Early Childhood field, preferably in Connecticut
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Data entry skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours with evening and weekend availability as necessary.
- Strongly preferred qualifications:
- Experience with ASQ and/or Sparkler