United Way of Western CT is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Business Development and Sales Manager. This is a part-time position with travel across Western Connecticut.
Join a growing organization focused on community change, partnerships, and improving lives in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health. United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) offices Stamford, Danbury and New Milford. Organization offers excellent benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, gender and cultural backgrounds along with bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Business Development and Sales Manager primary responsibility is to prospect and acquire new small- to- midsize business sponsors across the Western Connecticut region to ensure revenue goals are met and a robust pipeline of opportunities is developed. The individual will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building, and maintaining successful relationships with prospects, existing, and past clients and collaborating with Resource Development on small business strategy to maximize business reach and potential. This individual will be based out of our Stamford office but will be out in the field daily, meeting with and signing on small- to- midsize businesses as United Way partners. The Business Development and Sales Manager should have 3 years’ experience in sales and business development.
This position has an assigned territory that includes Stamford, Greater Danbury, and Greater New Milford. The Business Development and Sales Manager reports to the Resource Development Director under the supervision of the Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing.
- Prospect and acquire new customers within the respective region by networking, cold calling, marketing, and/or other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Establish strong relationships to acquire and retain a portfolio of businesses to meet and/or exceed revenue goals.
- Develop a plan for identifying and targeting prospects representing the diversity of key communities, and tracking the performance of business recruitment, retention, and expansion.
- Use knowledge of the market to identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Create new or incremental sales opportunities for United Way of Western Connecticut.
- Visit potential and new customers, assess customer needs, and suggest appropriate opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage various internal processes and resources to close transactions (Marketing, Legal, and Finance).
- Actively use data system to capture, enter, and maintain critical information.
- Collaborate on small business networking and development opportunities with Resource Development team.
- Support marketing and resource development by staffing key industry events in the region.
- Proven sales experience in related fields with three or more years of experience preferred.
- Strong relationships with the business community in Western Connecticut, with proven ability to engage and deepen relationships resulting in successful sales outcomes.
- Ability to handle administrative tasks and multi-task with efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of individuals and organizations and the ability to compose written material that compels action.
- Self-driven individual capable of quickly learning new products, processes, and systems.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Sound judgment, discretion, and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality.
- Bilingual language skills a plus.
- Able to travel across Western Connecticut daily.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have unrestricted use of a reliable automobile.
This is a part-time, 25 hour a week position, with regional responsibilities.
Salary: $30 per hour
Cover letter required (Y)