The Lede Company, a full-service communication, strategy, and impact consulting firm, specializing in corporate, entertainment, and nonprofit sectors, is seeking a creative and experienced Associate Account Director to join the Brand team.
With dedicated Talent, Music, Brand, Strategic Communications, Content, and Social Impact divisions, we work with our clients to advance business and social outcomes through innovative storytelling, media, campaigns, and partnerships. Our service offerings draw on our expertise, relationships, and resources, all of which enable us to exceed client expectations and ultimately, deliver results.
The Associate Account Director will play an integral role in researching, developing, designing, and implementing key projects and initiatives and leading account management for clients.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Actively pitch and secure media coverage on behalf of clients on a local, regional, national and international level
● Write, proof and edit a variety of PR and marketing materials, while contributing as a core team member on client accounts
● Develop compelling stories and draft compelling narratives on behalf of clients
● Oversee account teams
● Lead client programs and campaigns from planning to execution within the specified budget
● Develop and execute compelling VIP and influencer strategies, with tangible results
● Collaborate with different divisions across the agency to ensure the client is getting access to the agency’s network-wide expertise
● Deliver strong media and influencer coverage consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
● Have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents globally
● Achieve exceptional outcomes for current clients and manage an extended portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy
● Develop press relationships and manage contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople, and sector influencers
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE:
● 6 - 8 years of PR experience, including at least 2 years as a Senior Account Manager. PR agency experience is preferred.
● Proven track record of success landing media placements
● Established and demonstrable network of editors, journalists, and industry figures, particularly in hospitality, fashion, arts, entertainment, and culture (personal and professional relationships are a must)
● Extensive experience planning and executing client events, i.e. launches, Fashion Week, etc.
● Keen networker, adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople
● Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences
● Excellent project management skills with strong organizational and planning skills
● Excellent client management skills
● Outstanding interpersonal skills
● Strong negotiation and delegation skills
● Business acumen with the ability to communicate across departments and represent PR within the business
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
● Exceptional relationship-building skills, collaborative, able to work well with others
● Knowledgeable on multiple reporting and database platforms including Launchmetrics, MeltWater, Lefty, Muck Rack, and more
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
● A thoughtful people manager who is skilled in motivating, communicating with, and developing direct reports
● A collaborative team leader and an out-of-the-box thinker who can bring together people, processes, and ideas to drive results
● An enthusiastic, client-facing professional with a passion for communications and deep expertise in building, stewarding, and growing relationships
● An astute communicator, seasoned researcher, and proven strategist committed to delivering excellent work
● A self-starter with energy, creativity, and an innate interest and curiosity for fashion, business, culture, and the arts
● Hybrid role; 3 days per week in-office
● Some travel may be required on behalf of clients: 15-20%