LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
JOB TYPE: Full Time / Permanent
The Lede Company is seeking a motivated Controller to join our Accounting team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Controller will be responsible for month-end reporting and will oversee financial operations of the Company. As head of the accounting department, the Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance as well as assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning, as needed.
What You’ll Do:
· Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
· Guides financial decisions and protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls, policies and procedures.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing workpapers and other supporting information to external auditors.
· Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and closely monitoring expenses and investments.
· Oversees payments on all accounts, ensuring accounts are paid on time.
· Monitors accounts receivable and bad debt.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and key trends of revenue and expenses.
· Defines and monitors benchmarks for financial performance; recommends and implements operational best practices.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
· Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintains accounting team performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
What Skills You Have:
· Define and manage processes
· Financial software (Quickbooks)
· Develop standards
· Audit, accounting, and corporate finance
· Track budgeted expenses and variance analysis
· Financial and analytical skills to provide insights, develop recommendations, and implement improvements
· Excellent computer skills, including experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office suite
· Exceptional knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting, cost control principals, and GAAP
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Performance management
· Ability to work well with senior executives as well as mentor/lead other team members
Your Background Should Include:
· Minimum 5-10 years of experience in accounting/finance
· Prior experience as a Controller of a service company or agency
· Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
· Experience with financial reporting requirements and preparing Board/investor presentations