POSITION: Brand Senior Account Manager - Beauty & Wellness
LOCATION: New York, NY
JOB TYPE: Full Time / Permanent
** Due to Covid-19 all interviews will be via phone/Zoom & role will be remote to begin
The Lede Company Brand Senior Account Manager will execute brand priorities for clients in the beauty and wellness sectors. They will generate media outreach which will lead to communications/media awareness in the form of editorial placements (long/short lead), social communications, influencer engagement on behalf of clients and supporting product specific launches/events for clients with high-level PR tactics.
The Brand Senior Account Manager is responsible for multi-tasking 8-10+ clients and working cross-functionally across team members and closely with the brand team to ensure alignment on key initiatives and activities aimed at meeting/exceeding lead and communications targets.
The Brand Senior Account Manager reports to an Account Director and an SVP.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Consistently pitch and secure media coverage on behalf of clients on a regional and national level
• Write, proof and edit a variety of PR and marketing materials, while contributing as a core team member on client accounts
• Help develop compelling stories and draft compelling narratives on behalf of clients
• Oversee assistants to review client agendas, recap reports and clips
• Lead client programs and campaigns from planning to execution within the specified budget
• Pull and collaborate with different divisions across the agency to ensure the client is getting access to the agency’s network-wide expertise
• Deliver strong media coverage consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
• Have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents
• Achieve exceptional outcomes for current clients and manage an extended portfolio ensuring consistency of service is delivered in line with company policy
• Develop press relationships and manage contacts with key commentators, industry spokespeople and sector influencers
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• 5-7 years of PR agency experience including 1-2 years as an account manager.
• Deep understanding of the beauty and wellness category
• Proven track record of success landing media placements
• Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople
• Proven ability to present complex industry information to target audiences
• Expertise at handling a range of media to place products, grow brands or pitch for new customers
• Excellent project management skills with strong organizational and planning skills
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiation and delegation skills
• Business acumen with the ability to communicate across departments and represent PR within the business
PERSONAL AND LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
• High energy, enthusiastic individual with a passion for communications and PR
• Results orientated
• Strong project management skills, ability to multitask, excellent time management and organization
• Outstanding written and oral communications abilities; including the abilities to elicit information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, highly comfortable public speaker
• Must be able to understand complex communications issues, find creative ways to solve problems, and make sound decisions that benefit the company
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional relationship building skills, collaborative, able to work well with others.
• Comfortable in a start-up environment
• Some travel may be required on behalf of clients: 15-20%
BS in relevant field