POSITION: HR Director
LOCATION: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
JOB TYPE: Full Time / Perm
**Due to Covid-19 all interviews will be via phone/Zoom and position will be remote to begin
The Lede Company, a full-service public relations firm specializing in talent publicity, content publicity, strategic communications and brand PR, is looking for a HR Director to join our fast-growing team.
The HR Director will be responsible for leading and directing the company’s HR practices and objectives, including recruitment, diversity & inclusion, employee development, compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, and continuing to nurture and develop The Lede Company culture.
We are seeking experienced candidates with strong decision making, strategic thinking, leadership and interpersonal skills. The HR Director reports to the COO.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, training and leadership development
- Function as a strategic, human capital business advisor to the senior management team
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness to retain top talent
- Manages the recruitment process and D&I including interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborates with departmental teams to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, required
- 7+ years' of professional HR experience, ideally from a services oriented business, with a combination of corporate and business unit line experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations – particularly for California and New York
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred