POSITION: Senior Executive (Strategic Corporate Communications)
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
JOB TYPE: Full Time / Perm
The Lede Company, a full-service public relations firm specializing in talent publicity, content publicity, strategic communications and brand PR, is looking for a Senior Executive with substantial agency experience to join our Strategic Communications Division in either our Los Angeles or New York office. The division’s experience includes helping high-profile institutions and individuals in the entertainment, media, tech, and related creative communities establish and manage their public profiles. The Senior Executive will develop strategic plans, pitch media and liaise with clients to execute media offers and client requests. The Senior Executive will be responsible for multitasking on several clients simultaneously in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who can work in a fast-paced environment, are driven, and have strong communication and writing skills. The Senior Executive reports to the Co-Founder/Co-CEO.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop creative story angles and consistently pitch and secure media coverage on behalf of clients in print, broadcast and online media outlets on a regional and national level.
- Work directly with clients and senior staff, and lead client communications, as appropriate.
- Develop and foster strong and positive relationships with current and potential clients.
- Create & execute communication strategies, securing high-impact coverage in relevant media outlets, developing messaging across communication platforms, and initiating other communications and/or public relations initiatives.
- Work with clients to provide strategic counsel as they navigate rapidly-changing business and reputational challenges. Build and maintain positive relationships with entertainment trade and consumer media.
- Keep abreast of music, entertainment and fashion industry events/summits and the media coverage that surrounds them.
- Work on various accounts simultaneously and under deadline.
- Stay abreast of media turnover and emerging outlets.
- Write press releases and pitches.
- Write, proof and edit a variety of PR and marketing materials.
- Help develop compelling and out-of-the box story angles and draft compelling narratives on behalf of clients and their projects.
- Review client itineraries, agendas, recap reports and media clips, and work with support staff to ensure timely delivery of these communications to clients.
- Achieve exceptional outcomes for clients with evolving priorities.
- 7-10 years work experience in corporate communications.
- Experience creating and implementing short and long term communications strategies on behalf of companies, institutions, or individuals. Proven ability to create media plans from concept through to placement.
- Excellent writing skills. Whether writing an official press release, an awards submission, or casual email, you can tailor your writing style to deliver information effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple clients. When everyone thinks their time and work is most important, you understand how to balance competing requests and keep everyone happy.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Solid relationships with members of the media, particularly entertainment and media reporters.
- A passion for media. You get your news from a wide range of sources and follow broader media trends.
- A strong understanding of the entertainment industry.
- A team-oriented attitude. You understand that it’s about the team’s success and not just getting the credit for your work. You are willing to step out of your comfort zone so that the team can succeed.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.