Farmina Pet Foods, a leading manufacturer of both wet and dry nutritional solutions for cats and dogs, is looking for a Manager of Veterinary Services.
Farmina is a privately held international company, North America HQ in NYC, operating in over 60 countries with production facilities across Italy, Serbia, Brazil and North Carolina, US (coming soon). As a pioneer in pet nutrition, using nature as their inspiration and science as their method, Farmina continuously conducts independent research with top universities worldwide and contributes to advancements in the field of pet nutrition. By owning their own wet and dry food manufacturing facilities, they are able to control the entire production process. This allows Farmina to hand-select only the highest-quality European ingredients to be used in the Natural & Delicious and Vet Life diets and to implement proprietary technology for use in the production process to ensure the bioavailability of the nutrients in every diet. Together through our research showing us how to formulate the best product using natural ingredients and our ability to control the process, we are able to make being the best pet parent possible and easy.
The ideal candidate will manage and structure the Farmina veterinary channel by creating, nurturing, and maintaining relationships with opinion leaders, vet clinics, and universities for both our Vet Life prescription range of diets and our Natural & Delicious maintenance diets. This is a great Job opportunity for structured and highly motivated leaders in the Veterinary industry.
The job responsibilities include:
· Manage and structure the market development and sales team for the Farmina North American Veterinary Channel across US and Canada.
· Hire and train a dedicated sales force across the country.
· Develop the Veterinary services program with Veterinary clinics across the country.
· Coordinate the distribution of the Farmina technical/scientific assets including but not limited to product book, white papers, scientific articles, presentations.
· Coordinate the development and hold seminars and training for key accounts, distributors, veterinarians, and the local Farmina teams.
· Participate in key industry exhibits and seminars
· Provide nutritional and technical product support to the North American based Farmina teams.
This position will report directly to our CEO, North America with corporate office in New York City for the US and Canadian market development. US based with the ability to work remotely and expected to travel 3 weeks out of the month.
Minimum 6 years of Regional and/or National management and sales for a leading veterinary pharma manufacturer (small animals) and or Veterinary prescription diets.
Willing to travel at least 3 weeks out of the month
Comfortable speaking in small and large groups
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
US based with close proximity to a major US airport
Veterinary Brands and/or Vet pharma experience is a must.
Job Type: Full-time