POSITION PURPOSE OR SUMMARY
Responsible for answering inbound calls and other channels of support across all customer channels, representing the originating organization appropriately. Evaluating the customer’s situation and work towards a first call resolution or appropriate escalation towards resolution. The analyst must accurately document actions taken in the customer relationship management software to ensure proper documentation and customer communication. Analysts must demonstrate the ability to service the customer appropriately while understanding the technical aspects involved to resolve customer issues. Success in this role requires customer focus, innovative thinking, a positive attitude, and a willingness to help others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to requests for assistance across all channels (phone, email, ticket, chat) in a professional and friendly manner according to the standard operating procedure of the support center
- Maintain accurate and timely records in the customer relationship management tool. This includes related logs, files, databases, and referencing.
- Maintain a high standard of quality in every interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct follow-up as needed while working towards customer resolution
- Meets and maintains all relevant KPIs associated with the role including quality assurance scores and after-call work measurements.
- Maintains a positive relationship with and between individual users, all user groups, other IT teams, and peers within the Support Center.
- Uses Support Center equipment such as laptops, peripheral devices, telephony equipment, printer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Acquires and applies specialized knowledge of the functional area within which job is performed, e.g. classroom, telephony, CRM, operating system, internet browsers, Microsoft and Apple productivity software, student information system, business software, human resource and Support Center specific software. In addition, hardware troubleshooting for desktop computers, laptops, printers, and peripherals
- Acquires and applies relevant knowledge of concepts related to broader role function, e.g. ITIL Foundations, customer service, knowledge-centered support, documentation, and communication.
- Acquires awareness of organizational structure and importance of following paths of escalation within Support Center and externally in terms of reporting relationships and job duties of other staff within the Technology Department.
- Performs or assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.