POSITION PURPOSE OR SUMMARY
The Compliance Supervisor provides advice and consultation to the CEO, college and client stakeholders, and the Administration and faculty. The Compliance Supervisor oversees and coordinates our client’s commitment to remain compliant with all applicable legal and regulatory obligations. Effectively coach, train, motivate, and lead a successful compliance team. Keep the CEO and the Campus President/Director informed of relevant activities and issues.
The Compliance Supervisor directs the formulation of strategic compliance planning in support of the client’s vision, mission and values. Oversees integrated implementation and evaluation of compliance initiatives and on-going activities for compliance units, including coordination between internal audits, and other compliance partners, as may be identified to serve future needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide compliance services, counsel and representation to colleges, departments and other directly related organizations pertaining to governance, statutory interpretation, regulation, and compliance.
- Independently anticipates, identifies, and resolves legal issues of concern to senior college administration.
- Develops appropriate strategies and solutions, often in situations of high risk to clients.
- Establishes working guidelines to include internal operating policies, intake procedures, work priorities, quality standards, and other operational benchmarks.
- Provides reporting to Business Practical Committee
- Translates compliance information and requirements into meaningful client advice including supporting and developing client education and training opportunities.
- Addresses areas of risk or loss resulting from developments in the activities of the college.
- Leads the development of internal reviews to assess compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversees adequate record maintenance and processes are in place to document compliance efforts.
- Directs the assessment of targeted compliance issues, investigations, or potential problems.
- A minimum of 5 years of practice compliance experience in a relevant area
- Five years as a leader, or similar role in an educational, non-profit, for-profit, or governmental organization, or equivalent role.
- Experience in supervising the work of direct reports, is preferred.
WORK REQUIREMENTS (requirements for mental, physical components of job)
The duties of this position are performed in a multi-story office building with elevator access. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see, and operate standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, and telephones. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time. Position requires finger dexterity, ability to bend, kneel, and reach; may be required to stand for extended periods on occasion. Movements regularly required of fingers, hands and wrists. May be required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds on occasion. Will work a standard work week but may involve overtime work on weekdays or weekends as applicable. Employees must abide by FERPA requirements which protects the privacy of student education records. As required, must be willing to travel to attend conferences and professional development assigned region, possibly out of the area and/or locally via automobile.