DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a central point of contact for technology-related issues and manages the customer relationship with campus leadership with minimal supervision.
- Provides a high level of customer service to the campus leadership, students, faculty, and staff.
- Use Symantec Altiris or a similar product to manage desktop systems for software package deployments, and patch management.
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, and staff using active listening, empathy, problem-solving, and communication.
- Perform a variety of analytical and technical functions involved in evaluating computer, networking, and technology needs; and a variety of technical and administrative tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Confers with end-users to understand what issues or difficulties they are experiencing or, to establish what their needs may be and then assists in finding hardware or software solutions. May interface with corporate IT departments or perform research to analyze and resolve technical issues. May train end-users in the use of software, hardware or telephone systems.
- Is responsible for ensuring customers’ computer issues are resolved and ServiceNow tickets are created and/or updated with current status or resolution descriptions on the day service is provided. May escalate issues to other service groups as needed through the ticketing system.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation and standard operating procedures as needed.
- Participates as a member on Internal Project Teams performing a variety of computer-related activities, idea sharing, and problem resolution.
- Alerts supervisor to recurring incidents and patterns of problems in a timely manner.
- Represents the company to staff, faculty, and students ensuring their satisfaction.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling, and managing student workers in the equipment cage.
- Responsible for the maintenance (perform small repairs and outsource larger repairs with campus leadership approval), organization, and inventory of the gear in the equipment cage.
- Ensure cage management is maintained with proper check out and in of gear to students and faculty through the TrakItWorks system including spot audits and quarterly full inventories.
- Monitor checked-out equipment regarding time allotment and report to IT and campus leadership.
- Performs moves, adds, changes (MAC) of computers, telecom, and users.
- Performs preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of systems including completing the class break updates provided by IT leadership.
- Maintains and updates records and ticket tracking databases.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Certifications, etc.)
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work within a matrix organization where your instructions will come from IT leadership and campus leadership are essential.
- An Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or technical institutes degree/certification in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technology field experience or minimum 2 years Technical experience
- Advanced troubleshooting of complex problems; project or task-focused in addition to daily departmental obligations
- Understanding of advanced desktop infrastructure commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, MS Office, and other software commonly used across all classroom systems.
- Knowledge of Adobe and other educational software is helpful.
- Some networking, cabling, and data management is necessary.
- Ability to understand tasks from both an IT and Business perspective. Demonstrated skills in facilitating and modeling a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills and an ability to empathize with the end-user.
- Proficient at working independently and meeting timelines.
- Capable of maintaining confidentially, and carefully handling sensitive information.
- Able to work in collaborative team settings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to review information for accuracy, identify discrepancies, and make recommendations for correction.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
WORK REQUIREMENTS (requirements for mental, physical components of the job)
The duties of this position are performed in a multi-story office building with elevator access. The employee is frequently required to walk, and sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time. Position requires finger dexterity, ability to bend, kneel, and reach; may be required to stand for extended periods on occasion. Movements regularly required of fingers, hands, and wrists. May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion. Will work a standard workweek in the office and may involve additional hours of work on weekdays or weekends as applicable.
As required, must be willing to travel to assist other campus locations.