Gravity Haus is an inclusive community that enables an active lifestyle – the seamless merging of work, play, and outdoor adventures. We believe in asking three questions:
Is it good for you?
Is it good for the planet?
Is it an amazing experience?
Based in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, we’re enabling world-class experiences for the modern adventurer, specializing in uniquely designed guest rooms, functional co-working spaces, holistic training and recovery programs, and thoughtfully crafted food and beverage offerings – all curated with a focus on sustainability, connections with nature, and our unique brand of “haus-pitality.” With properties in Vail, Breckenridge, Winter Park, Steamboat, Truckee-Tahoe and future developments in the works, we’re rapidly broadening our reach and poised to double the size of our workforce over the next 12-24 months.
That’s where you come in.
As a F&B/Cafe AM Floor Supervisor you are an instrumental part of the team, overseeing and supporting the front and back of house teams while playing the critical role of coaching and supporting the line-team, managers, and team leaders. You have first hand knowledge of each position on the Restaurant and Barista team, , allowing you to not only support but meet each teammate where they are and help them grow, thereby establishing a shared level of excellence and camaraderie, making the Slope room not only the premier location for dining and guest experience, but the premier location to be a part of an award-winning team!
More About You:
- You love interacting with people and get great joy in brightening people’s day.
- You thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- You deliver exceptional customer service and ensure that your team follows suit
- You are a team leader and model Barista having exceptional coffee bar skills, customer service skills, and enthusiasm to share knowledge to teach others
- You are a coffee lover and excited to share the Unravel story to Gravity Haus Members and guests.
- You have a lead by example mindset
- You are an approachable hands-on leader
- You are passionate about and engaged with providing the ultimate guest and team member experience.
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- You’re a resourceful, self-motivated leader who’s comfortable navigating ambiguity and carving a new path.
- You have exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships with team members and stakeholders at all levels.
- You’re a true team player who can set your ego aside and find win-for-all solutions.
- You are an excellent verbal communicator with the ability to navigate and resolve conflict.
- You have an appreciation for and commitment to the outdoors, sustainability, and your own personal growth.
What You’ll Do:
- You thrive to educate your teammates how to ensure exceptional customer service, coffee education, and operational excellence in performance.
- You are eager to learn how to keep equipment operational by following operating instructions, troubleshooting, breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs as needed.
- You assist in managing the finances with scheduling and expense controls
- Assist in event planning for any onsite events
- You enjoy providing excellent customer service by preparing and serving food and beverages for guests, answering questions, and making product recommendations.
- Act as a strategic partner to the Restaurant Managers, Executive Chef and rooms team, collaborating to realize the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Collaborate with the management team on the development, implementation, and execution of programs and initiatives aimed at culture-building, employee training, service standards, menu creation, expense and cost management, all with an eye toward affirming the company’s cultural and fiscal successes as well as the value of its member experience.
- Be on the floor during peak meal periods to assist in coaching, training and service experience. Be an ambassador on the floor.
- Ensure accurate monthly inventory with the restaurant leadership
- Ensure morning line-up of team members to provide up to date information on the hotel, VIPs, and any GH news
- Collaborate with the management team on the financial performance of the outlet, including being an active driver of sales, events and promotions.
- Ensure all pre-shift opening and pass on duties are completed by all
- Ensure team members are set up for success with training, education and resources
- Ensure Opening and closing checklists are in place and followed
- Assist in scheduling and ensure appropriate coverage for business levels
- Step in to assist the team as needed
- Address customer concerns and complaints
- Work closely with the leadership and People and Culture for any people-needs
- Identify team growth opportunities and track performance
- Work closely with the restaurant management team to identify promotion and bonus opportunities for team members
- Helping to train new employees while adhering to company policies
- Collaborate with the events team to create, plan, and host member and community events for our Vail and Gravity Haus - wide community.
- Host or join one JoinMe per month
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation, consisting of an hourly of $25.
- Medical (company-sponsored option), in addition to options for dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, accident insurance, legal support services and more!
- 401(k) program with a company match of 50% on the first 3%
- Paid Time Off as you need policy.
- Ski Merchant ski pass or end of season cash equivalent!
- 40% off Gravity Haus apparel!
- 40% off Food & Non-Alcoholic beverages (for you and a guest) at Gravity Haus locations!
- 40% off Spa Treatments!
- Discounted stays at Gravity Haus propertiesand hotel partners!
- Complimentary stays at Gravity Haus properties (based on longevity).$120 parking perk
- An “All- In!” Gravity Haus Individual Membership which includes:
- Dryland Fitness & Spamembership at all locations!
- Access to JoinMe and discounted access to Events & Experiences!
- Access to premium outdoor gear from top brands through Haus Quiver
- The opportunity to be a part of our mission to create a globally conscious community for the modern adventurer!
Gravity Haus is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse team and inclusive work environment. Our mission includes enabling access to the outdoors for all.