The Data Integration and Warehouse Developer designs, develops, tests and maintains Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes. The Senior Data Integration and Warehouse Developer also documents, develops, and manages the creation of logical and physical data models. Additionally, technical expertise is applied to the design, development, and support of processing data of multiple databases and data formats involving both internal and external sources and targets. Highly tuned and efficient code, high levels of data quality and delivery excellence, effective and proactive verbal and written communication, excellence in customer service and partnerships, and teamwork are key success factors for this senior role.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Design, develop, test, and production support maintenance of data management and integration processes serving a highly visible, enterprise level customer base.
- Apply initiation and leadership skills with analysts, business owners, and end users to define and document business, technical, financial, and operational support requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, dealing well with ambiguity, and concluding how deliverables meet business goals. Perform data analysis and data modelling to create source to target mapping documents. Perform data profiling as one means to output proof of high levels of data quality.
- Create, publish, distribute, and present design documents and other documentation, including logical or physical data models, end-to-end data integration diagrams, and Service Level Expectation documents.
- Develop effective error handling, perform unit testing, and gain stakeholder acceptance as key implementation and production support readiness criteria.
- Effectively balances and prioritizes workloads among project work development, support maintenance and operations (including on-call rotation), innovation and creativity, and initiative in a proactive, continuous improvement environment.
- Completes complex work assignments independently, takes initiative to flush out gaps in requirements or hopeful business outcomes, documents and confirms key understandings, and produces products with extremely low production support footprints.
- Performs consistently as a team player who shares knowledge, maintains effective working relationships, and puts yourself in service to others—maintaining extremely high customer service levels.
- Contributes to the development of team process and technical standards, including the creation of reusable code base, highly efficient job scheduling and batch performance, service management excellence, and financial improvements.
- As a continuous improvement environment, always seeks to learn, test, and incorporate new methods at any phase of the delivery and service management lifecycle.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a minimum of six years progressively related experience.
- 6+ years of ETL and SQL development experience with commercial ETL tools or development languages such as Python.
- 6+ years of experience delivering data quality outcomes, performing and presenting data profiling results, working with relational databases and a multitude of file formats.
- 6+ years of experience using technical expertise to engage customers and recommend and deliver lean, cost-effective solutions.
- 6+ years of experience with logical and physical data modelling.
- 6+ years of experience with data warehouse design and methodologies, including change data capture, star schemas, snowflakes, cubes and dimensional modeling.
- Demonstrated excellence using logical, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent influence skills, using written and oral communication skills-including the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms.
- Proven ability to conduct root cause analysis and research into systems and data issues.
- Experience with Project Management tools and best practices; Jira suite preferred
- Previous experience working with membership organization preferred
- Strong project management knowledge, with excellent grasp of program management methodologies including project risk management.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to simultaneously control numerous projects.
- Capacity to anticipate, comprehend and manage project dependencies across other initiatives in the organization.
- Must be collaborative in nature, utilizing exceptional listening and facilitation skills to build effective teams, drive effective outcomes and develop innovative solutions.
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
This position qualifies for remote work. In addition to adhering to all A2 policies, guidelines, procedures, and the Code of Conduct, it is the expectation the following requirements of the remote work policy will be met, including but not limited to:
- Remote workspace that is clean, safe, and professional.
- Maintains an internet connection consistent with A2 standards at remote workspace.
- Remain productive and responsive during their scheduled work hours.
- Attend primary A2 location, as needed.