Security Engineer (Remote)
The Security Engineer will be focused on the discovery, containment, and mitigation of threat vectors related to the Parler environment. From analysis of threats to intrusion detection, you will be responsible for our system integrity and supporting one of Parler’s most important values…our user’s privacy. The Security Engineer will work closely with our engineering and product teams to help create features that are secure and scalable as we grow.
Parler is an early-stage start-up so we’re looking for someone that is used to start-up conditions and all of the resourcefulness and creativity it requires. If you are tired of arbitrary censorship online as well as the Big Tech construct, join other like-minded people to make a difference today!
- Identify potential risks in code, architecture, and production systems by designing and implementing threat-mitigation options.
- Work closely with all feature teams to scale in the appropriate security measures required for Parler’s size and scalability goals
- Partner with the CTO, Chief Architect, and Head of Product to design secure systems and features before putting them into production (including all scenario analyses)
- Execute pentesting across all Parler systems
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software security including areas such as infrastructure security, pentesting, and vulnerability analysis.
- 3+ years of experience running Kubernetes (or equivalents such as Amazon ECS or Azure AKS) in production, including experience with admission controllers, and pod security policies, etc
- Experience with seccomp or equivalent, and understanding of cgroups and namespaces.
- Knowledge of PHP
- Experience building and operating container security infrastructure including scanning, signing, and lifecycle management.