About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company - a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.
The Seamstress/tailor primary responsibility is to perform a variety of needlework tasks to support the execution of alterations. Reporting to the Uniform Product Manager, you will work Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm.
We observe 10 holidays,, Paid STD, LTD, Life insurance, Medical, Dental, Vision, up to a 4% match on 401k, and also have an in-house chef that caters lunch daily, Monday-Thursday at no cost to the employees! Paid parking and accessible to MARTA.
Sewing – fit, repair, alter uniforms according to required basic design practices.· Duties may include measuring, tracing, drawing, cutting, pinning, gluing, hand/machine sewing, or otherwise modifying fabrics or materials to prepare, alter, mend, and/or create the pre-sized or custom-made garments.
- Communicate needs, related to duties and/or materials, to maintain a clean/organized and functional workspace.· Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management.
- · Ensure the work area is clear of hazards that could cause harm to self, or surrounding co-workers or assigned materials, tools, and/or machinery.
- · Adhere to safety, confidentiality, security, compliance, quality, and equipment policies, procedures, and/or requirements.· Interpret patterns and operate sewing equipment to create products to specification.· Inspect and identify quality concerns and utilize appropriate techniques to maintain quality of specific design.· Maintain sewing equipment and report issues to management as they arise.· Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Utility Associates’ commitment to our customer.· Maintain documentation as required.· Inform Lead Seamstress of supply needs that arise in daily operation.· Strictly adhere to assigned deadlines/quotas without compromising the quality, function, or appearance of the tools, machinery, materials, fabrics, or apparel.· Perform other duties as needed.
- Possess technical skills that include zipper installation, cut and sew construction
- 2 or more years of sewing experience, preferred
- Must be able to operate and perform basic maintenance on sewing machines
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate patience and good attitude
- Demonstrate personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Physical Demands: This position involves sitting for extended intervals. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time