The Staff Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. The Staff Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Staff Accountant combines solid analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Full responsibility for the costs of the Company. This includes Accounts Payable, wire transfers, vendor management, credit management. Work closely with Purchasing Manager, Receiving Department, and Vendors on discrepancy of purchases
- Enters invoices into accounting system Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Primary administration of corporate credit card account(s) including user administration (addition, deletions, credit limit changes), statement review, reconciliation, entry, monthly reporting and of company T&E policy and software.
- Prepares bi-weekly AP forecast.
- Assist Controller with year end and month-end close including account reconciliations, G/L analysis, expense KPIs. Analysis of prepaid and accrual accounts. Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Assist with creation and monitoring of monthly departmental budgets . Maintain fixed assets sub ledger and month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, depreciation journal entries and adjustments.
- Collaborate with team members to monitor asset disposals and movements. Work with Operations and Sales departments to maximize the effectiveness of NetSuite ERP through process changes, system refinements / improvements / optimization and additional reports.
- Maintain list of Open Purchase Orders, close Purchase Orders as necessary, and work closely with Production Managers to ensure product receipts and fulfillments are accurate.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration or Financial Accounting.
- Minimum one (1) year of accounting and analysis experience.
- Excellent analytical oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management.
- High attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Self- starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Attention to quality and deadlines.
- Bringing a fresh point of view on how to improve processes and efficiency during a rapid growth and technology change.
- NetSuite or Oracle environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Utility Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
About Utility Associates:
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology company - a pioneer in the digital evidence industry. As part of our talented team you can help us work toward making our communities safer through transparency. We are a proud US manufacturer and supplier of BodyWorn software and hardware solutions, including body cameras, in-car video, mobile routers, mobile digital multimedia evidence management systems, and situational awareness software technologies for law enforcement, transportation agencies, and various other organizations.