The Student Affairs Program Coordinator is a full-time position dedicated to the holistic support and development of students while supporting the career-focused mission of the institution and the overall goal of increasing retention and graduation rates. The Coordinator will work with other members of the Student Affairs team to facilitate student success, foster a vibrant campus community, and develop ethically and socially-aware citizens. The Student Affairs Program Coordinator will be a member of the Division of Student Affairs and reports directly to the Assistant Director of Student Success and Residence Life.
- Exercise discretion and strong judgement in the development and implementation of a holistic programming model that meets the needs of a unique student body, comprised of both traditional and non-traditional diverse students, in Boston, Taunton, and in the fully-online community.
- Establish a virtually and/or on-ground speaker series in conjuncture with Academics to have major-specific industry leaders address our students.
- Work with Marketing and Communication Department to promote events, activities, and programs widely across Boston while interacting with the Boston community to expand opportunities for our students.
- Coordinate regular on- and off-campus programs aimed at building student connections with each other, with staff/faculty, and with the BSC community at-large.
- Coordinate all aspects of student clubs and organizations, including policies, event management, allocation of funds, as well as providing a variety of leadership development opportunities.
- Oversee the event calendar to provide students and staff with information on upcoming events.
- Create and recruit a Student Government Association to manage the Student Activities Fee budget, including allocation of funds, reimbursements, Purchase Order submissions, and reporting.
- Initiate programming efforts focused on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Plan and execute all aspects of New Student Orientation.
- In conjunction with Esports, coordinate event planning.
- Oversee Student Forums to elicit feedback from the student body in improving their collegiate experience.
- Plan and implement Community Service endeavors for the student body by securing opportunities and recruiting students to attend.
- Serve as the liaison for students interested in the Study Abroad Program.
- Participate in campus-wide Committees.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ equivalent experience in student affairs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams.
- Must be detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
- Normal office conditions. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves the operation of computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Life and AD&D
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Waiver
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.