Location: Boston and Taunton, MA
Position OverviewBay State College School of Nursing and Health Sciences is seeking a full-time, 12 month Nurse Educator at the Assistant Professor rank to help advance our nursing curriculum in the area of experiential learning, primarily in labs, simulation settings, and teaching in the classroom as well. In this position, we are seeking a visionary educator to participate in delivering innovative and evidence-based experiential learning opportunities in our associate degree nursing program. The Nursing Assistant Professor will report directly to the Associate Degree in Nursing Program
- Integrate new technologies into simulation and clinical learning, at direction of the Chair.
- Collaborate with the Chair with implementing innovative strategies to diversify the clinical learning experience.
- Participate in oversight of clinical faculty including competency verification.
- Assessment of clinical placements for appropriateness in meeting program clinical outcomes for students.
- Participate in the scheduled planning and evaluation meetings for scheduled courses related to clinical skills and simulation.
- Assist with planning and coordinating all clinical skills, and laboratory and simulation activities for nursing students.
- Provide direct instruction in the skills laboratory setting for all level nursing students and teach in courses/precept students.
- Assist students with clinical skills and simulation experiences along with monitoring and remediating student skills performance across programs.
- Maintain readiness of clinical skills and simulation area for learning activities.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and updating curricula materials.
- Oversee the ordering and inventory of supplies and equipment for lab and simulation activities.
- Faculty may teach in theoom across the curriculum as qualified.
- The incumbent in this position will also have responsibility for service on department committees, involvement in academic processes, and student advising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree preparation in Nursing.
- Licensure to practice professional nursing, or be eligible for licensure, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience in medical-surgical nursing preferred.
- Experience in simulation and/or clinical instruction preferred.
- Evidence of effective teaching strategies, professional engagement, and ongoing clinical competency.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Normal office conditions. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves the operation of computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.