- Faculty responsibilities are limited primarily to those duties directly related tooom instruction and student assessment.
- Represent Bay State College with the utmost quality, service, personal integrity, and professional character.
- A minimum of one hour per week per course for office hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Physical Therapist Assistant Education and working with a diverse population.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
- Ability to perform moderate to vigorous physical activity including lifting, pushing, pulling and standing for extended periods of time.
- Create an inclusive environment that respects multiple learning.
- Use written, observational, and/or oral assessment to direct and enhance learning in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of technology to enhance student learning.
- Conduct alls in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Conduct alls as scheduled and for the required course hours.
- Provide instructional support to students by meeting with them during office hours and conducting individual and group tutoring.
- Refer students, when appropriate, to CLAS (Center for Learning and Academic Support) or Bay State College counseling services.
- Assist in the development and in the administration of discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement. Administer department-specific assessments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested. Evaluate students' achievement of clinical and professional competencies.
- Participate in the governance of Bay State College and the PTA program, as appropriate, for the accomplishment of the goals of the college and the PTA program.
- Use teaching strategies that enhance student learning. Follows standard instructional design practices in course preparation, including the planning of current syllabi, development of learning activities, and creation of examinations and other appropriate assessment tools.
- Maintain an environment conducive to learning in the oom and lab.
- Maintain grade records as required by the College.
- Submit copies of all student grades to the Registrar by the assigned deadline at the end of each semester.
- Take attendance and submit attendance reports after each class.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns, and problems.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Participate in faculty workshops, orientations, and other training as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a Master's Degree preferred.
- Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant with an active license.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisors and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Normal office conditions. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves the operation of computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.