The Professional Nursing Tutor is responsible for providing one-on-one and/or small group tutorial assistance in didactic or lab content. The Nursing Tutor will work with students in aoom or in an open lab setting and maintain records of all tutorial sessions. The Nursing Tutor will report directly to the Dean of Nursing.
- Tutors students in study skills and test-taking skills.
- Tutors students in the content areas for all exams.
- Tutors students in lab content with a focus on relating skills to theory.
- Assists with assessing the academic needs of the nursing students and developing plans for remediation.
- Interprets test results with students.
- Maintains documentation on student remediation plans, processes, and success.
- Communicates students’ progress to course faculty.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to students.
- Conducts exam reviews as requested by course faculty.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing preferred.
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- 1-year experience in an academic environment providingoom instruction or specialized tutoring support required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in-person.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.