The Nursing Lab Assistant supports nursing students to achieve clinical learning in a simulated patient care environment. With improving their knowledge of nursing skills through the implementation of the nursing process, clinical assessment procedures, and care of patients across the spectrum of nursing in the simulation and skills labs. The Nursing Lab Assistant will report directly to the Chair of Associate Degree in Nursing Program.
- Facilitates lab resources, including human patient simulation equipment and supplies.
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with faculty to ensure the preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Provides individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Assists instructors with skills testing.
- Collaborates on ordering and maintaining the inventory of all lab supplies, equipment, furniture, models, AV equipment, and laboratory manuals; recommends the purchase of lab equipment and supplies; and maintains a clean, fully equipped nursing skills and simulations lab.
- Facilitates simulation equipment care and maintenance, including troubleshooting and repair as required.
- Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking student and faculty lab utilization.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with current BLS CPR and unencumbered RN license.
- BLS CPR instructor certification is helpful.
- 3-5 years of strong clinical experience in acute patient care with excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators and audio/visual or telemedicine preferred, as well as MS Office.
- Motivated team player with the desire to share creative solutions and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- The position will entail moderate lifting and carrying, walking, sitting, and standing for up to 8 hours; working with technology, including electrical power, compressed gases, and knowledge of case scenarios using simulation software.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bay State College does not provide employment sponsorship
About Bay State College
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.