The Intern-Process Engineer position supports the manufacturing line for New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as improvements, modifications, and further deployment of sustaining production lines of East End Medical products. The position supports and participates in product development teams that specify, build, test, and challenge new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, and cost. This position requires high technical competence along with being a team player, self-starter, and possessing a can-do attitude.
· Provide Support to device development teams of low to high complexity
· Ensure effective execution of assigned projects while adhering to management approved strategic plans, corporate policies, and providing clear communication within and external to the team.
· Monitor progress of project plans and communicate variances to plan within device development and to appropriate parties as needed
· Participate in preparation of materials for presentation of programs for management
· Work effectively with Device Development professionals to ensure successful execution of device development project plans
· Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Test Method Developments Design Change Control processes and procedures, product testing, method development for commercialization.
· Works on problems in limited scope; purposefully learns while gaining experience.
· Demonstrates ownership and integrity of work.
· Contributes to the project as a team member.
· Understand the product’s intended use and clinical procedures.
· Understand and follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which align with regulatory requirements.
· With supervision, create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
· Learn R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
· Under supervision, research, design, develop, modify, and verify components/modules for medical devices.
· Assist with prototyping and bench testing.
· Basic knowledge of analysis tools and statistical methods.
· Under supervision, conduct research and studies to support product design.