East End Medical I(EEM) is seeking a Director, Professional Education, responsible for directing the development and execution of sales and medical education programs that support the clinical and technical knowledge transfer regarding new and existing product and procedural solutions to both physician and sales professionals in a dynamic start-up environment.
This position will act with autonomy and authority to implement EEM providers and sales educational strategies, integrating with the marketing and field sales teams, and in collaboration with and supervision by the Chief Commercial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops educational strategies and implements programs to support physician engagement and procedural adoption
- Develops pool of physician faculty to support peer-to-peer opportunities; includes defining annual needs, identification of qualified key opinion leaders, HCP contracting, training, engagement, tracking of hours, and payment
- Oversees coordination and execution of all medical education programs, including requisition processes, agenda development, logistics planning, appropriate use of internal resources, post-visit action items and accountability
- Creates tools and program collateral as appropriate (e.g., communication and/or tracking software; program calendar, brochure, sell sheets)
- Identifies educational facility needs and approves equipment purchases for animal lab work.
- Supports the R&D effort by planning and coordinating new product development validation surgeon visits and labs
- Acts as Host of physician visits, managing Medical Education team and other participants toward smooth agenda flow and execution, while representing the face of EEM Medical Education to guests
- Develops and maintains relationships with physicians and sales
- Develops educational strategies and implements programs to support comprehensive and scalable sales training, taking into consideration marketing strategic plans and current sales results
- Works with business partners including sales management, corporate personnel, sales agents, and field sales representatives to introduce, train, promote, and increase the competence with, confidence in, and utilization of EEM products
- Drives engagement with Marketing team to create new and maintain existing educational materials for virtual and live courses
- Oversees the Medical Education team’s execution of live sales training events, including planning, communications, logistics, corporate personnel participation, lab activities, etc.
- Acts as Trainer during live training events, providing clinical, educational and technical product expertise in support of corporate objectives
- Maintains all certification vendor hospital credentialing
- Works with Sales Management to identify individual rep training plans and accountability measures
- Manages Medical Education staff, including hiring, goal-setting, performance reviews, and time management
- Holds team members accountable and incentivizes performance for strong cultural engagement
- Remains informed on company and competitive products and services
- Participates in company and industry events such as sales meetings, seminars, training programs, conventions, trade shows, and other events as requested
- Meets department financial objectives by forecasting training requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances
- Analyzes and reports on department metrics monthly, quarterly, annually
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requires
- 5-10 years of experience leading Professional Education in the med-tech space.
- Sales and/or clinical consultant experience in the cardiology medical device space. Ideally structural heart and Electrophysiology.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Experience in building educational curriculum for sales teams
- Managed medical education programs at a territory, zone, or national level.
- Knowledge of tradeshow and podium presentation strategies.
- Knowledge of computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Internet applications, etc.) required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with surgeons
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established timeframes
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and matrix management structure
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to represent the company at a variety of business functions or situations in a professional and competent manner
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of procedures, products and activities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study. Advanced degree preferred.