Infectious Disease Connect, Inc. (ID Connect) is a technology enabled tele-health business focused on Infectious Diseases. The vision of ID Connect is to provide the highest quality of care possible and improve access and specialized infectious disease support through our portfolio of technology and services to improve the quality of care and patient outcomes.
This position will work collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Operations and the OPAT RN to support outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) program and inpatient clinical programs. The level of effort toward each area will depend on business needs.
The RN role in OPAT support will:
- Assess patient care plans to ensure appropriate orders have been placed, monitor lab results and imaging results, monitor for critical results and communicate with physicians for adjustments in therapy. Coordinate care with local care team and home care agencies.
- Work with Tele-ID physicians and assist with the management of patients’ questions, accessing medical records and monitoring recommendations from the ID physicians
- Involvement in quality improvement projects as well as attending infectious diseases educational lectures
The RN role in Clinical Operations will:
- Maintain clinical relationships and assist project manager in customer facing role during implementations and ongoing customer support
- Act as liaison to support Tele-ID physicians and local sites’ clinical needs
- Develop solid customer facing account management plans with multiple touchpoints to ensure positive customer relationships
- Assist in clinical relationships of multidisciplinary teams for tele-ID, antimicrobial stewardship consulting, and infection prevention and control consulting
- Provide backup for Call center agent
- Manage multiple projects across remote teams and organizational boundaries, focusing on internal healthcare institutions.
- Collaborate with credentialing, clinical supervisors, physicians, and call center agents to support the OPAT team and Clinical Operations team, ensuring exceptional customer experiences.
- Act as the primary client-facing contact, interfacing directly with physicians, project management, and clinicians to address client operations, workflows, and patient experience.
- Provide clinical oversight to OPAT patients and coordinate care recommendations with physicians, local teams, and patients.
- Assist with day-to-day clinical operations, monitoring and reporting volume trends, KPIs, and success metrics for account management.
- Act as a liaison to support Tele-ID physicians and address local sites' clinical needs.
- Help resolve and address clinical operational issues related to clinical, stewardship, and infection control services.
- Work closely with Tele-ID physicians and clinical operations to manage patient issues, documentation issues, accessing medical records, and documenting recommendations from ID physicians.
General skills and duties:
- Perform duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of the organization towards patients, staff, peers, physicians, and other departments within the organization.
- Identify, develop and participate in process improvement opportunities that will enhance the quality of services we provide in a cost-effective manner.
- Focus on customer service and continually strive to perform the duties of job in a manner that results in optimal patient and customer satisfaction.
- Attend compliance training and adheres to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- *Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- *Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference for candidates in Eastern time zone.
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
Completion of an accredited school of professional nursing with active RN License required, BSN Preferred. 3+ years of healthcare experience preferred. Prior experience in operations/ clinic management preferred. Proven ability to facilitate change.
Licenses and Certifications
Career Ladder RN - Lead RN
This position reports to the Director of Clinical Operations of ID Connect.