Infectious Disease Connect
Who is ID Connect?
Our mission at ID Connect is to improve access and enable world-class specialized ID expertise to enrich lives and improve outcomes in a cost-effective manner with compassion, respect, and integrity.
ID Connect is a national leader in telemedical care of infectious diseases, antimicrobial stewardship, and infection control and prevention. At the heart of this success has been our quality clinical services and technological innovation, including the acquisition of ILÚM Health Solutions and its real-time decision support software. Our technology, precision medicine, and data science are paired with world-class ID clinicians to effectively manage infectious diseases across the US.
At ID Connect, we strive to make people healthy, improve outcomes, and keep our communities free of infectious diseases.
The role of the Clinical Account Liaison (CAL) is to be the commercial advisor and liaison for all prospects with the goal of discovering the prospect’s infectious disease (ID) needs. Through consultative selling techniques, the CAL will sell the prospect any or all of ID Connect’s virtual services (ID telemedicine, teleantimicrobial stewardship [“Tele-ASP”], and tele-infection prevention and control “[Tele-IP&C”]) and technologies (ILÚM Insight® and ILÚM Inform). This role will become the expert in all aspects of the Company’s services and software, including conducting demos of the software and application. The Clinical Account Liaison is a member of the Commercial Sales team reporting to Mike Rinaldi, PharmD, VP of Clinical Sales.
- Proactively reach out to prospects (defined currently as acute care hospitals or hospital systems) in the assigned territory to assess their needs for ID Connect’s virtual services or technologies
- Respond to prospect requests for information re: virtual services or technologies
- Gather relevant data related to prospective institutions, such as quality metrics, executives, clinical outcomes, technologies, etc. to generate a plan of action for that institution
- Analyze and advise on prospect needs, requests, goals, and challenges using this data in a consultative, solutions-based selling approach
- Support ILÚM Insight® program to identify, execute, and publish clinical and economic outcomes research
- Support the Marketing team by assisting with generation and review of marketing materials
- Execute prospect requests for product demonstrations of ILÚM Insight® and ILÚM Inform
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the ILÚM Insight® system including, but not limited to, features, functionality, limitations, benefits, vision
- Prepare written proposals for prospects based on requests for relevant virtual services and/or technologies
- Progress written proposals to executed contracts with prospects and work with the corresponding implementation and customer care teams to implement for a customer to 'go live'.
- Support clinical implementation and account management for ILÚM Insight® as needed– assess the hospital’s current state, develop initial platform configuration, perform platform setup, support data validation, user training, user support
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree, registered pharmacist, ID Doctor or Physician’s Assistant or Registered Nurse/APRN with relevant experience is preferred
- Extensive infectious diseases knowledge through residency or fellowship training, certificate program, and/or concentrated clinical experience (5-10 years of experience preferred)
- Experienced in Infectious Disease and Anti-Microbial Stewardship Team
- Experience as a medical science liaison in the pharmaceutical or medical devices industry is a plus
- Ability to problem-solve, identify clinical care improvement opportunities, utilize consultative sales skills, coordinate, and organize responsibilities to achieve new customer growth and success
- Healthcare information systems, electronic health record, and clinical decision support system experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to encourage and influence clinical management decisions
- Expert understanding of regulatory and quality standards for their program area
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in a wide range of circumstances
- Proficiency in software tools such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, OneNote), visual design tools, collaboration tools; Salesforce experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and legally allowed to fly
- Travel up to 50% of the time when required
- Physical requirements entail flying and/or driving for several hours at a time when required